1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 4, 2018 11:27 AM by Nadia Shea

EPDM 2017 both AD and EPDM login

Benjamin Abshire

I recently moved my EPDM archive and database server to a new domain with stricter rules. I'm no longer able to have a service level account that the vault(s) could use to do automated tasking. The accounts I want to use are still in the EPDM user list but they cannot authenticate in the new domain. Is there a way to continue to use these accounts but set their password in SQL or somewhere else?

• Re: EPDM 2017 both AD and EPDM login
          Nadia Shea

Mixed Authentication support was added in 2019 and not available in 2017.

2019 What's New in SOLIDWORKS - Mixed Authentication Support

I would convert the vault to use PDM login type to detach the AD authentication, but it'll be nice that the login names match the AD. Once you get up to 2019 OR an environment that allows you the permissions you need, you can convert it back to Windows Login type. Convert to Windows login is a bit more work but not so much that it's a prohibitive process. Instructions to do so are covered in the solution S-043890 in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge base. I imagine the process is very similar to convert to Mixed Authentication in 2019 and beyond.