36 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2018 8:13 PM by Ned Hutchinson

Into the Sunset...

Richard Doyle

Hi Everyone,

Some of you have heard, and some of you were privy to the fact that I am leaving SOLIDWORKS on December 14th. Someone will be taking over the moderation duties soon.

It's been a genuine pleasure interacting with you forum folks. I did my best to be a good moderator, and I hope you have been mostly satisfied with the work I've done. Please be as kind to my replacement as you have been to me.

I'm not sure what I will be doing in my "semi-retirement", but I will always be a part of the SOLIDWORKS Community, and I will be active in the forums - I just won't have that employee badge .

My best to all of you and cheers!

FlatSwugn.jpg

• Re: Into the Sunset...
          Chris Scarlett

Good Luck and have fun with your semi-retirement, We will definitely miss you.

You were the common thread amongst all of our groups and with your hard work and enthusiasm you made being involved fun and engaging.  I can’t imagine anyone that could fill your shoes right now, and be as effective as you were. 

Have fun and stay in touch. CSS

Rick McDonald

Richard,

It's been a pleasure working with you and I am glad you will remain part of the community.

You have been a great inspiration and moderator for the forums, user groups and SolidWorks as a whole.

Enjoy your Semi-retirement - you deserve it.

Jim Steinmeyer

Boy, first Willke and now Richard. Will SolidWorks be able to continue operation?

It has been good Richard. We have appreciated your assistance. Enjoy the next stage of your life.

Maybe you need to suggest Todd Blacksher for your replacement.

Danny Edwards

Richard,

It has been great to follow you and learning from all of your post and listening to all the other forum users of all what you have done. You will be missed and best of luck on your semi-retirement. Your shoes will be hard to fill but whoever it is we will have the upmost respect.

Tony Tieuli

Richard Doyle wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Some of you have heard, and some of you were privy to the fact that I am leaving SOLIDWORKS on December 14th. Someone will be taking over the moderation duties soon.

It's been a genuine pleasure interacting with you forum folks. I did my best to be a good moderator, and I hope you have been mostly satisfied with the work I've done. Please be as kind to my replacement as you have been to me.

I'm not sure what I will be doing in my "semi-retirement", but I will always be a part of the SOLIDWORKS Community, and I will be active in the forums - I just won't have that employee badge .

FlatSwugn.jpg

Richard Doyle,

Congratulations on your Semi?-Retirement.

You will be missed.

Dan Pihlaja

Richard.....it was great meeting you in Waltham this year!   I hope to see you again soon.

In the meantime, stay in touch.....and congratulations on the retirement! 

Jason Edelman

Congratulations! Go live it up for us...!!!

Rick Becker

Richard Doyle wrote:

...I'm not sure what I will be doing in my "semi-retirement"...

Professional Poker Player.

I'll see you at the tables.

The way you interact with people is truly unique. You go consistently and constantly well above and beyond the responsibilities of the position.

You will be missed.

I miss you already.

There is no doubt that you will be successful in whatever endeavor you pursue.

Spend more time with your family.Have fun. Be safe.

Until we meet again...

S. Casale

Good Luck

Rubén Rodolfo Balderrama

Really pal? try to have some rest of your time, enjoy your family, your hobbies....thanks for your support!

Dennis Bacon

For sure you will be missed.. I suppose we all get to that point in life.. Let me warn you though.. Retirement is not all that it is cracked up to be.. I'm still going crazy and trying to cope. Not doing a very good job of it.

Edit:... I wanted to add that I will never forget the conversations we have had.. Particularly at SWW2017? and in Sacramento probably 8 years ago.. You are something special. Thank you for your hard work, and enthusiasm. You certainly have left a positive impression on all of us.

Rick McDonald

As a retiree of SolidWorks Corp. do you get a Lifetime free full access to SW Worlds?  I hope so. You wouldn't want to break your attendance streak.  

Then we can all see you there also.

Christian Chu

Richard Doyle wrote:

Hi Everyone,

FlatSwugn.jpg

Go fishing ....

Chris Saller

I didn't know until this post.

Good luck to you Richard! I wish you and your family my best!

Dwight Livingston

Richard

We may get a new forum monitor, but you will never be replaced. Thanks for all the help and do enjoy your new pursuits.

Dwight

John Stoltzfus

Richard Doyle - It's been a pleasure having you being a part of SW and seeing your enthusiasm, you surely trained Rachel York well

A huge thanks in keeping the forum moderated, yeah there were times you had to delete mine as well and I appreciate your contribution...

Thank You

Peter Fischer

Richard,

It has been a great pleasure working with you and for you and I have learned much from you.  Your talents and comradery will be sorely missed, leaving a tough act to follow.

I can't imagine you retiring so wish you well in whatever you new pursuits happen to be.

All the best

Peter

Bryan Ray

Congrats, Richard.  You have been an inspiration to me with all the advice and knowledge that have been passed on.

Glenn Schroeder

Congratulations on your retirement.  Thank you for all you've done, and I'm happy to hear you'll still be part of the community.

Steve Calvert

Good luck my friend

Steve C

Tony Cantrell

Wow, I didn't know nor expect you would ever give this up. I will miss you my friend.

David Mandl

Cheers to you, Richard Doyle.  It's been good knowing you in these parts and elsewhere.

Best wishes to (presumably) Rachel York.

J. Mather

First words from Richard when I met him, “I have a bone to pick with you.”

Hope I didn’t push you over the tipping point into retirement. ✌️

Good luck!

Dan Golthing

J. Mather wrote:

First words from Richard when I met him, “I have a bone to pick with you.”

Hope I didn’t push you over the tipping point into retirement. ✌️

Good luck!

and you're not going to go into detail!!??  REALLY?  Were you guys eating ribs or something?

John Stoltzfus

Richard Doyle - We would love to hear your best moments and worst moments when someone says...

"SW Forum"

Jeff Mowry

Good luck and enjoyment in the new pursuits!

Dan Bovinich

Sorry to hear you're going, you will be successful anywhere you go or anything you do...

Dan B.

Dave Bear

Richard Doyle,

That's sad news for us, but good news for you!

Immense thanks for everything you have done (and I do mean EVERYTHING).

I wish you all the very best with your new adventures (perhaps the cabin) and sincerely hope we all get to see you from time to time around the forum.

Be safe!

Dave.

Erik Bilello

The moderator of moderators.  Have no doubts about the job you've done.  Some might ask for more, but they'll have a hard time finding it.

Happy "semi-retirement".

Someone mentioned fishing.  I highly recommend it, and sailing.  At least give them a try, you can do both at once.

Deepak Gupta

Well I've no words to say and thank you is very small word for what you've done for the community. Thank you very much for inspiring lot of us!!

Duncan Gillis

Sorry to hear that you're leaving Richard. It has been an absolute pleasure to have known you, and what effect you've had on the Solidworks community. Wishing you all the best, and hope to catch up again sometime soon.  Cheers.

Tom Gagnon

It was a pleasure to meet you this year at the MARISUG anniversary meeting. Thank you for your many efforts, which sometimes work best when they are unnoticed. I wish you the best in your retirement. Do what makes you happy.

Dennis Dohogne

Richard,

You do not indicate the terms of this separation, but I hope it is on your terms, your choice.

Your profile lists your occupation as Senior User Advocacy & SOLIDWORKS User Groups.  When I had the pleasure to meet you and spend some time with you it was quite clear that you are THE advocate for us users with SWX corporate.  Too many times these official  user "advocates" are owned by the Sales and Marketing departments (appropriate to abbreviate this as S&M) and are really just another of their arms tentacles with the purpose of perhaps being the "good cop" to get the users to fall in line with the company.  This is not you and we are better off for it!!  I know you even had to fight to keep from being taken into the S&M reporting chain at SWX just so you could avoid this pressure and even the appearance of being the good cop.  No, you have always been an advocate for us users, bolstering our voice and making sure not only that we were heard, but were listened to.  BRAVO, Richard!!  You have served us well and become a deer friend in the process.

I hope for two things:  that whoever takes your place also embraces your example of what a user advocate is, and that you are truly happy and have a good path in front of you.  And since this is no-count Wednesday the third thing I hope for is that you are still with us on this forum, and (fourth) that I get to shake your hand again someday.

It is nice to count you as a friend.

- - - Dennis

Dave Bear

Dennis Dohogne wrote:

Richard,

You do not indicate the terms of this separation, but I hope it is on your terms, your choice.

Your profile lists your occupation as Senior User Advocacy & SOLIDWORKS User Groups. When I had the pleasure to meet you and spend some time with you it was quite clear that you are THE advocate for us users with SWX corporate. Too many times these official user "advocates" are owned by the Sales and Marketing departments (appropriate to abbreviate this as S&M) and are really just another of their arms tentacles with the purpose of perhaps being the "good cop" to get the users to fall in line with the company. This is not you and we are better off for it!! I know you even had to fight to keep from being taken into the S&M reporting chain at SWX just so you could avoid this pressure and even the appearance of being the good cop. No, you have always been an advocate for us users, bolstering our voice and making sure not only that we were heard, but were listened to. BRAVO, Richard!! You have served us well and become a deer friend in the process.

I hope for two things: that whoever takes your place also embraces your example of what a user advocate is, and that you are truly happy and have a good path in front of you. And since this is no-count Wednesday the third thing I hope for is that you are still with us on this forum, and (fourth) that I get to shake your hand again someday.

It is nice to count you as a friend.

- - - Dennis

Beautifully written Dennis,

Dave.

Al Griego

Congratulations, and best of luck on your next adventure!

Ned Hutchinson

Well Done Sir