5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2018 4:15 PM by Kevin Chandler

custom property files question

John Lee

Is it possible in "system options->file locations->custom property files" to have more than one location?

• Re: custom property files question
          Kevin Chandler

For all locations, try to add another.

If adding another is grayed out, then no.

Kevin

Rubén Rodolfo Balderrama

Try to use property tab builder

Kevin Chandler

Also, what is the point of having multiple locations?

Multiple files?

Kevin

John Lee

More a question of learning, as it is possible to multiple locations for "Document Templates", but the add button is grayed out for "Custom Property Files".

It looks like it is possible to have multiple files in the same directory though, and I believe there is an upper limit to the number of files.

Having multiple locations does not make sense to me, even for template files, but our organization is relatively small. The only reason I was asking about multiple locations is to maybe have a sandbox while testing things before making them available.

Kevin Chandler

John Lee wrote:

More a question of learning, as it is possible to multiple locations for "Document Templates", but the add button is grayed out for "Custom Property Files".

It looks like it is possible to have multiple files in the same directory though, and I believe there is an upper limit to the number of files.

Having multiple locations does not make sense to me, even for template files, but our organization is relatively small. The only reason I was asking about multiple locations is to maybe have a sandbox while testing things before making them available.

Multiple doc template locations is viable for storing multiple customer templates, for instance.

If you need a sandbox, then designate your local path as the sandbox (assuming it's you who gets to get dirty).

Then once satisfied, copy your file to the common folder.

You can record a macro while setting locations so it's easier for you to toggle back and forth between development sessions.

But the answer to the OP is no. One spot. One file.

Kevin

EDIT: Actually, it's two macros. One for local and the other for common.