This is something that I have been struggling with over the last couple of days and can't find a proper solution to. I am trying to figure out a way to generate a unique ORDERNO for each component based on the combination of its FUNCTION_TAG & LOCATION_TAG. However the immediate option of using COMPONENT_ORDERNO is infeasible unless every component is given the same COMPONENT_ROOT.
Anyone know any ways around this?
Current theory and thinking on this is:
We want to be able to designate component marks based entirely on the following parameters:
- Function of the component (FUNCTION_TAG)
- 2 digit representation handled by of FUNCTION_ORDERNO
- Facility level location
- Currently handling this by the use of the book location (BOOK_TAG made with LOCATION_TAG) as you can't grab parent locations
- Can also be handled by using string searching on LOCATION_TAG with known separator
- Unique ORDERNO
- Want this to be unique for each combination of the above tags
Attempted solutions so far:
- Give every component the same root
- Works, but costing information unless we want to go through the process of adding a USER_DATA to recover this information in a not as useful way
- Would like to be able to show the COMPONENT_ROOT for end user information but not have it impact numbering
- Use COMPONENT_POSITION in mark generation
- Works, but will likely eventually get around to wrapping and even then doesn't guarantee unique naming
Thoughts/Theories? This is still a testing stage project, so we are able to make pretty major architectural changes without too much worry at this point.