2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2018 11:27 AM by Sergio Monti

SW2018 with toolbox has been loaded onto my machine, but the directory for toolbox will not be recognized.

john fordham

I am trying to begin using SW2018.  We have shared network databases 2014,2015,2016,2017 & 2018 for toolbox/hole wizard.  I'm questioning if the 2018 toolbox database correctly loaded or not.  When I startup SW2018, and open an existing assembly that has toolbox components, and hole wizard holes in it, I get the error message:

"The Hole Wizard and Advance Hole Database is not the expected version.  Please upgrade your database to the expected version or choose a new location containing the expected version.

Define the file location for the database in: Tools>Options>System Options>Hole Wizrd/Toolbox

Current version: 20.00

Expected version 21.10 (SOLIDWORKS 2018)"

When I go tot he system options to make sure it's pointing toward SW2018 I see it's pointing at 2017.  I hit the browse to change the directory, navigate to 2018, and select it. and it brings me back to the above error message, and sticks the directory back to 2017.

I've found out from the persion that loaded the toolbox that he copied the SolidWorks Data 2017 directory, and renamed it to SolidWorks Data 2018.

Is there a way to fix the directory  to be recognized?