David Scidmore wrote:
1. I am unable to select a plane when I'm starting a sketch.
2. This happened after I took someone else model to tried to break it up.
3. starting to drive me nuts is that solidworks zoom scroll option is inverted by default. How do I switch it back to the normal scroll?
1. Are you attempting to create an assembly sketch or a part sketch?
2. I don't know what this sentence means - can you elaborate?
3. How much SWx experience do you have? Are you comparing this behavior to previous SWx experience or with experience with some other software?
1) I still don't have access to selecting the plane to draw on, but I can work with what I got now at least. Thank you
2) When using a mouse's scroll wheel when scrolling down it zooms in and scrolling up it zooms out. I want to change this so when I scroll down it zooms out, and scrolling up it zooms in.
3) I don't have much experience with solidworks. I'm just trying to finish something up for a school project is all.
If this were a typical school test - you didn't answer the questions.
Q1. Was about part modeling or assembly modeling. Your screen shot shows assembly environment.
Q2. Was not answered correctly, instead mashing in some information that should go into A3.
Q3. That explains "answers" to Q1 and Q2. Can you ask your instructor to join in this discussion?
We better start again.
1b. Are you attempting to model a part?
1c. Are you attempting to create a sketch in an assembly (a rare occurrence, especially for a beginner)?
1d. Did you click on the black arrow shown in the red circle in my original response to your post? If so, what did you observe? (Can yo post screen shot?)
It's not an exam and it's for volunteer experience to help another capstone team out. I'm just making final adjustments for a 3rd time since I measured wrong the first time. I came here just looking for simple answers to a couple of issues I ran across.
David Scidmore wrote:
I came here just looking for simple answers to a couple of issues I ran across.
I am here to help.
Can you provide the simple answers to the actual simple questions that I asked?
I think I clarified them in 1b, c and d above.
Post back if you need additional clarification.