AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks for Cabinetry

Question asked by Enrique López on Nov 20, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 26, 2018 by Dave Bear

Hi all,

I work for a subcontracting commercial cabinet company and we are trying to transition to Solidworks from Autocad to produce our shop drawings for our clients.

I am completely new at Solidworks, still figuring my way around the software but I need a few starting points so I don't waste my time. I need to create our cabinet library which consists of about 40 cabinets all various sizes. Here are my questions:

1) Do I create every part of the cabinet in a parts file then assemble them to create the cabinet for EVERY cabinet or do I create the entire cabinet in a part file using weldments to separate each individual part?

2) After I create all my cabinets, would I draw the building floor plan as a "Part" then assemble the floor plan and cabinets together to create my shop drawings or is there another method?

Consider that sometimes we need to modify some of the cabinets in width depending on the space we have in the building and also that we will be using the Solidworks file to CNC all the cabinet parts

I know it seems like a lot to ask but if someone can please help me out so I don't waste my time building the cabinets a certain way and ending up being wrong. Any advice will help.

Thanks

Outcomes