3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2018 6:07 AM by Todd Bush

fraction macro

Todd Bush

Looking for simple macro to change decimals to fraction while in a drawing. to the 64th don't  want the whole drawing to change, just the ones I pick

• Re: fraction macro
          Glenn Schroeder

I can't help you with a macro, but I can offer an alternative that might work for you.  My drawing template is set to display dimensions to the nearest 1/16" inch, but occasionally I want to override them to decimal, or to a larger fraction, so I've saved those settings as "Styles."  It's very simple to click on a dimension (or Ctrl+select multiple dimensions) and select the desired Style from the drop-down to apply the override.  If I don't select a Style then of course <NONE> is the default, which means the dimension follows the document property settings.

Jim Sculley

I've used the attached macro for years.  You will have to change the 32 to 64 (I use 1/32 as the smallest fraction) in line 42:

nextDim.SetUnits(false, (int)uType, (int)swFractionDisplay_e.swFRACTION, 32, true);

I have this assigned to a macro button which is tied to a mouse gesture.  I just CTRL-click all the dimensions I want to toggle to fractional, right click and swipe down:

Todd Bush

I ended up saving a style for fraction. I then load it when I need it.