4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2018 9:27 AM by Sarah Dwight
      • Re: Hole Feature Suppresses When I Edit Sketch of Extrude Cut?
        Dan Pihlaja

Hit CTRL + T

Or RMB and hit this:

This will drop your tree into Flat Tree View.

It is entirely possible that the Sketch is before the hole in the history tree, while the MH CB Feature is after it..  So when you edit the sketch, it basically rolls back to before the hole.

Sarah Dwight

Wow... Thanks Dan.

That is the worst thing I have ever seen. (Not really.)

I would assume that in a non-flat tree setup, if you placed something before a feature with an absorbed sketch, that something would automatically be placed before both the feature AND the sketch.

Nope.

I never work in Flat Tree View.

I am going to assume that this was a bug because I have never seen this happen before and just get on with my life, now that I know how to fix it.

Again, thanks Dan.

Dan Pihlaja

No Problem.  Has happened to me. 

So, I am assuming that you created the sketch for MH CB....then created the 5/16-18 hole.....then created the MH CB feature.

This would then create the scenario that happened.  Even though the sketch is absorbed by the MH CB feature, it still resides before the 5/16-18 hole in history.   I tend to cycle into Flat tree view at least once during the life cycle of a component, specifically to check this type of thing.

See below 

Sarah Dwight

No, your assumption is incorrect, that is not how this happened.

The part I am working in was an existing file, with MH CB feature existing as an extrude cut thru all.

I rolled above/before MH CB to place a tapped hole.

Then rolled below/after MH CB to edit the feature to be a blind CB instead of thru all.

Since the feature already existed it was fully defined, but I wanted it to be defined by the tapped hole, so the CB would follow it if the tapped hole location moved.

I deleted the dimensions and tried to select the center of the tapped hole... only to find it not there.

That is when I investigated and realized it was being suppress... for what looked like no-good-reason.

Probably a bug form working in an older file.

Now I know I can check the flat tree view if this happens again.