We recently upgraded our SolidWorks PDM Standard 2017 SP2 vault to PDM Standard 2018 SP4, and everything server-side appeared to upgrade appropriately. However, on fresh installations of SW2018SP4 on the client-side, anytime a part or assembly is opened from the vault, the client-side crashes. This consistently happens to every machine.
Parts opened from the local-drive work just fine, just the vault files induce a crash.
- Vault server is in the local network, connected by 1GB ethernet
- All system have the latest patches and drivers
- All systems are "CAD-level" laptops from Dell (Precision 5530)
- Windows 10 (build 1709)
- 16GB RAM
- Intel Core i7 @ 2.60Ghz (dual 6x-core = 12logical processors)
- NVIDIA Quadro P2000 graphics card
- SW2018SP4 install occurs without identifiable error
- Event viewer shows the failing module as ntdll.dll within SLDWRKS.EXE