16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 2:26 PM by Dennis Dohogne

Solidworks 2019 SP1.0

Jared Nelson

Any ideas when 2019 SP1.0 is due to be released? 

• Re: Solidworks 2019 SP1.0
          Gaurav Bansal

May be, first week of January.

Gaurav

Deepak Gupta

Jared Nelson wrote:

Any ideas when 2019 SP1.0 is due to be released?

Per the schedule we can expect it within this month.

Aleksander Ksiezopolski

Hi!

As Gaurav's written - it should be January. From my knowledge: SOLIDWORKS 2019 SP1 will be released the earliest on 7th of January and the EV is available after 17th of December.”

Best regards

Alek

Peter De Vlieger

Aleksander,

You and Gaurav have inside information that even Solidworks themselves don't have?

It's clearly marked on the customer portal, as Deepak showed, as being this month and by January actual being SP2 already, which is SOP for Solidworks. So either SW hasn't updated their release schedule on the customer portal or some one gave you wrong information.

Deepak Gupta

Peter De Vlieger wrote:

Aleksander,

You and Gaurav have inside information that even Solidworks themselves don't have?

Both Alex and Gaurav work for SOLIDWORKS VAR

Dennis Dohogne

Keep in mind that the SP release schedule is not a rigid requirement, more of a target/guideline.  Here we are in November and 2018 SP5.0 EV has not even been released, yet the schedule shown above indicates the full SP should have been released in October.

SWX will release the SPs when ready.  They have actually taken a more aggressive stand toward making sure things are right, rather than hitting a date whether the SP is ready or not.  They have taken ONE and TWO to heart and have dedicated an unprecedented portion of their developer resources to "quality" issues, a.k.a "bug fixes".  I'm happy with that!

Deepak Gupta

Dennis Dohogne wrote:

Here we are in November and 2018 SP5.0 EV has not even been released, yet the schedule shown above indicates the full SP should have been released in October.

2018 SP 5.0 EV is already released

Dave Bear

Dennis Dohogne wrote:

Keep in mind that the SP release schedule is not a rigid requirement, more of a target/guideline. Here we are in November and 2018 SP5.0 EV has not even been released, yet the schedule shown above indicates the full SP should have been released in October.

SWX will release the SPs when ready. They have actually taken a more aggressive stand toward making sure things are right, rather than hitting a date whether the SP is ready or not. They have taken ONE and TWO to heart and have dedicated an unprecedented portion of their developer resources to "quality" issues, a.k.a "bug fixes". I'm happy with that!

Totally agree there Dennis

If they are taking our requests for bug fixes and such seriously as they seem to be then we shouldn't be tempting them into taking shortcuts by enforcing 'deadlines'. I'd much rather wait that little bit!

Dave.

M. B.

They have taken ONE and TWO to heart and have dedicated an unprecedented portion of their developer resources to "quality" issues, a.k.a "bug fixes".

Dennis, where can we see the list of the "bug fixes" that were submitted to Solidworks?

Which bugs from ONE and TWO have been fixed in SW2019?

Dennis Dohogne

M. B. wrote:

They have taken ONE and TWO to heart and have dedicated an unprecedented portion of their developer resources to "quality" issues, a.k.a "bug fixes".

Dennis, where can we see the list of the "bug fixes" that were submitted to Solidworks?

Which bugs from ONE and TWO have been fixed in SW2019?

SWX will not indicate the source/inspiration for the SPR.  To see the list of fixed SPR's you can go to your Customer Portal and find this:

Then you can get a look at the ones fixed in a particular service pack:

So, there is no indication of any particular SPR's resulting from ONE and TWO., nor from anyone else in particular (though you should receive an e-mail notifying you when one of your own SPR's is fixed in an upcoming SP).

As far as ONE and TWO having an affect on the quality of the software you need only ask the folks that have used the last several releases to compare them.  SWX2018 has been a delight for me.  I have had the fewest number of crashes I think I've had in a very, very long time.  If you believe John Sweeney, Bruce Holway, and Jim Wilkinson (recently retired) from SWX they have shifted their priorities in the last two years to put the highest level of resources on "quality" (bug fixes) over new functionality.  Rick Becker and I met with them and the rest of their team specifically over ONE and TWO.  I told them that I was literally and figuratively from Missouri, meaning I would believe it when I see it.  I've seen it and I do believe it.

No, I do not drink Kool-Aid. 

Deepak Gupta

Peter De Vlieger wrote:

So either SW hasn't updated their release schedule on the customer portal or some one gave you wrong information.

Looking at the SW2018 SP release dates, it seems that SP 1.0 was released in January.

Aleksander Ksiezopolski

It's also could be 'hot new' and that is the reason why SW hasn't update their info yet. My information is also not official.