2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 11:26 AM by Sergio Monti

Add external gusset

Sergio Monti

Does anyone know whether is possible to add "external" gussets, as in the image below?

I tried selecting the two external edge-surfaces of the C-channel section but the gusset feature accepts only internal faces (angle between 0 and 180 deg)

• Re: Add external gusset
          Glenn Schroeder

I believe you're going to need to do that with plate instead of with the gusset feature, but it can still be done as a weldment feature.  See Using Plate in Weldments.

• Re: Add external gusset
              Sergio Monti

Yes Glenn, I've got a library with several plates, too.

Actually on this one I think I will do it using sheet metal, as I've got a cut-list table set for parts including both weldment and sheet-metal bodies, and it will be populated automatically by reading sheet-metal properties.

And also because the supplier I will get the part from will probably use laser-cut sheet metal.

BTW, it's not unusual to put gussets outside the profiles. I was wondering if it's the case to raise an ER. I personally don't use it a lot but there could be some of you guys in this forum, which uses weldment on daily basis, that may find it useful.