AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks remains open in background after closing program

Question asked by Alex Lachance on Nov 5, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2018 by Kevin Nash

Hello,

I've had this intermittent problem for a while tough it seems to be happening a lot more for one particular user then for the rest.

So my problem is this. Sometimes, when I close SolidWorks, the program closes but the process remains active until I shut it down manually. What this causes is that the new session that gets opened won't do auto-saves because of the other session hanging. SolidWorks is a hefty program that takes a lot of ressources from a computer so what this also causes is that it'll ''overload'' our CPU and RAM as in that the process eats up ram and CPU until it gets shut down.

I was wondering if anyone ever had the problem and knew what caused it and/or how to fix it. I have a co-worker which has to manually close the process up to 5-6 times a day because it just doesn't shut it down. The process takes up sometimes up to 25% RAM and 20% CPU so it slows everything else down until you close it.

I've had this problem on 2013, 2014, and 2016 so far. Have ran them on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and get the problem on both also.

Outcomes