7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 3:02 PM by Sylvia Votruba

changing custom property

Mike Flanders

I would like to have a macro go in and change the custom property to the computer user name. Not necessarily the last saved by but the created by person. I have everyone here using the same template to create our parts that is saved on our network. I have my name in there as default because I do the majority of our drawings but when they are helping out I would like it to be as easy as a single button click and not have to actually remember to go into the custom properties and change the drawn by name.

computer user name.JPG

drawn by.JPG

• Re: changing custom property
          John Stoltzfus

Don't you use Custom Property Tab Builder??  If you do then it would be easy to setup Radio Buttons to quickly change the name, probably a lot quicker then running a macro..

• Re: changing custom property
            Sylvia Votruba

I’ve noticed that the ‘Open’ dialog box has the same ‘Last
            Saved By’ info on the folder pop-up as in the display on the ‘Summary’ tab. The
            ‘File Explorer’ info can be changed in the registry. Perhaps someone can make
            it appear on the ‘Summary’ tab. I copied this a while ago, so things may have
            changed.

Warning If you use Registry
            Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to
            reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve
            problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry
            Editor at your own risk. To configure the categories that are displayed by the
            ToolTip, modify the following registry subkeys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*

Value Name: InfoTip

Value Type: Reg_SZ

Value Data:prop:Type;DocAuthor;DocTitle;DocSubject;DocComments;Write;Size

Value Name: QuickTip

Value Type: Reg_SZ

Value Data: prop:Type;DocAuthor;DocTitle;DocSubject;DocComments;Write;Size

NOTE: The QuickTip value may initially contain only the Type and Size properties, and this
            affects the display for files stored on network drives. On computers that are
            affected by the problem that is described in the "Symptoms" section,
            the categories that are specified in this registry subkey do not affect the
            range of information that is displayed in ToolTips for remote files.