AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why is there ghosting / cascading images when part is set to transparent?

Question asked by Brian Eastman on Nov 6, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 by Brian Eastman

It's been the case since I got this new laptop a year ago - when I turn a part to transparent (either through "change transparency" or if it's automatic through another function like mate) the ghosted images (or cascading images) show up all over the screen. I can move the part around and it gets worse. And if I change the part back to solid it goes away immediately. But if I change a part back to transparent it goes back to the previously ghosted image. It even shows the same cascading I might have made from the previous glitch session. It happens in both my 2016 and 2018 installation. And it happens if I'm using the laptop screen, a direct plugged monitor, or a monitor through my docking station. Images attached. This does not happen EVERY time, but once it starts happening during a session it's consistent. Occasionally a restart will make it go away for a little while - but always eventually starts up again.

Went through with Dell support twice, they ran a bunch of tests on my system and say everything checks out. I've been a SW user for 10 years and never had this issue.

I'll be grateful for a solution as it's pretty debilitating not being able to use transparencies.

Computer:

Precision 7510, Windows 10, 16GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz

AMD FirePro W5170M

Message was edited by: Brian Eastman "Corrected Graphics Card name"

Attachments

Outcomes