3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 9:55 AM by Kevin Chandler

How to change options available for sorting a BOM.

Jim Steinmeyer

Here is one that I have never seen before. I have a BOM where the items are very disorganized. Not only are the parts not sorted by part number but the text fonts are different.

Capture.JPG

No problem, I will just edit the sort and then change the overall font in the BOM so everything is the same. I open the sort dialog box and I have a problem. Rather than the normal list of property names to sort by I find some random actual properties instead. I have no idea how to get this box back to reading custom properties.

Untitled.png

The font was fairly simple to change but this has me stumped. I have closed the drawing and reopened with no success And have closed and restarted SW again with no success. I will shut down when I leave this evening and reboot in the morning. Does anyone have any other ideas? If the reboot doesn't work I plan to delete and reinsert the BOM.

• Re: How to change options available for sorting a BOM.
          Kevin Chandler

Hello,

With top row in bold and the sort by dropdown list referencing these, it looks like the BOM header has been modified or is fouled.

Can you right-click each column's header and select the type as custom property and then select the correct property?

Kevin

Jim Steinmeyer

Kevin Chandler,

I think you are on the right track but that didn't quite do it. I didn't get any way to change the headers with RMB at first so I merged the table and only the top row retained the bold appearance. The two items that had been bold with the other split columns are no longer bold. If I selected the whole column and double LMB clicked on the header I was able to get the property selection but as I went down each column they all appear to be correct. Probably the quickest and easiest solution would be to just delete and replace the BOM. But I would like to either figure out what the right solution is or sent it to the VAR before I do that.

Untitled.png

Kevin Chandler

Jim Steinmeyer wrote:

Kevin Chandler,

I think you are on the right track but that didn't quite do it. I didn't get any way to change the headers with RMB at first so I merged the table and only the top row retained the bold appearance. The two items that had been bold with the other split columns are no longer bold. If I selected the whole column and double LMB clicked on the header I was able to get the property selection but as I went down each column they all appear to be correct. Probably the quickest and easiest solution would be to just delete and replace the BOM. But I would like to either figure out what the right solution is or sent it to the VAR before I do that.

Untitled.png

Mr. Steinmeyer,

It would be nice to at least have a cause, but as you said, since BOMs aren't too repairable, it's usually best to delete it and recreate it and  get the bus back on the road.

Kevin