6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2018 7:33 PM by Paul Salvador

Help creating a "masking" surface

Darrell Harless

Hello,

This is actually my first post here but I have been getting a lot of help through searching. Thank you all for your contributions

I've ran into a bit of a roadblock here that I'm hoping someone can help guide me through. My company supplies tapes and adhesives - mostly die cut pieces - and I need to create a shape for the picture and file below. Basically the tape will cover the hole to mask for painting. I have drawn a line around where the tape should go. Typically, I would copy surface and then flatten (using Logopress3) to get my shape for manufacturing...however there is no face here to copy so I'll need to build one. I have tried to 3D sketch and then create a surface, which did not work. I have also created a plane above the part and attempted to extrude a solid down into the part with multiple end conditions (hoping it would form around the part so i could then copy that surface) and that did not work either.

I have not worked too much with creating a surface from scratch, and I feel like that's what I need to do. I have attached the dumb solid I received and been working with in SW2018.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and I hope to soon feel confident in helping the community