27 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2019 11:54 AM by Deepak Gupta

Macro to reset property tab

Nicolò Bernareggi

Hi evrybody,

i'm looking for a way to create a macro (or any other system) that reset alla the field of the property tab that i've create to fill the field of my personalized titole block.

i hope you would understand my request! my english is so bad!

Thanks in advance!

• Re: Macro to reset property tab
          Fifi Riri

This macro will delete all Custom properties including the ones created by property tab. Modify it as needed.

Option Explicit

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim swModel As SldWorks.ModelDoc2

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

Dim vConf As Variant

Dim i As Integer

ClearCustPrps ""

For Each vConf In swModel.GetConfigurationNames

ClearCustPrps CStr(vConf)

Next

End Sub

Sub ClearCustPrps(conf As String)

Dim swCustPropMgr As SldWorks.CustomPropertyManager

Dim vPropNames As Variant

Dim vPropName As Variant

Set swCustPropMgr = swModel.Extension.CustomPropertyManager(conf)

If Not swCustPropMgr Is Nothing Then

swCustPropMgr.GetAll vPropNames, Empty, Empty

If Not IsEmpty(vPropNames) Then

For Each vPropName In vPropNames

swCustPropMgr.Delete vPropName

Next

End If

End If

End Sub

Nicolò Bernareggi

thank you! but if i paste the code inside a new macro nothing happend!!!

where i'm wrong??

Fifi Riri

The model needs to be rebuild.

I modified the above macro with a rebuild function:

Option Explicit

Sub main()

Dim vConf As Variant

Dim i As Integer

ClearCustPrps ""

Next

swModel.EditRebuild3

End Sub

Dim vPropName As Variant

Next

End If

End If

End Sub

Mithilesh Kapre

Looks like you want to empty all fields in the Custom Property Pane (under task pane) as below.

I don't see a way to do that

Amen Allah Jlili

This is possible but definitely is not worth the investment (Through Windows API). The only thing you can set from the API that is Property Tab Builder related is the template according to my knowledge.

Nicolò Bernareggi

I'm sorry if i'm disappeared but the question has fall down in office...but now i was thinking if isn't possible delete the custom property of the drawing (made by property tab builder) if the solution can be the copy of the property from an empty file?

What do you think?

Is it always difficult to realize?

Amen Allah Jlili

What's the error message. Are you sure you have an active document?

Nicolò Bernareggi

Yes i have the drawing opened (.slddrw) with the model (.sldprt) inside.

this is the error:

Capture.JPG

Amen Allah Jlili

That explains it. The macro is trying to get the configuration names to delete all properties in all configurations, meanwhile, your active document is a drawing which doesn't have configurations.

Try this:

Option Explicit

Sub main()
                                  Dim vConf
                                  ClearCustPrps ""

If swModel.GetType = SwConst.swDocumentTypes_e.swDocASSEMBLY Or swModel.GetType = SwConst.swDocumentTypes_e.swDocPART Then

Next      
                                  End If
                              End Sub

Dim swCustPropMgr As SldWorks.CustomPropertyManage
                                  Dim vPropName As Variant
                                          Next
                                      End If
                                  End If
                              End Sub

Nicolò Bernareggi

no way...launched don't give me back errors but nothing happen at the property maded by property tab builder

Amen Allah Jlili

Hm. Sorry I was just pointing why the posted macro didn't work. I don't think that is possible to do what you want in the property tab.

Best,

Amen Jlili

SOLIDWORKS API / PDM API Developer

www.cadsharp.com

Deepak Gupta

Are you looking to delete properties from model or drawing?

Nicolò Bernareggi

sorry i thought that i already had replied you...yes...i'm trying to reset the custom property in a drawing

Fifi Riri

It needs to be rebuild for the Tab builder to update

Option Explicit
                                                Sub main()
                                                    Dim vConf As Variant
                                                    Dim i As Integer
                                                    ClearCustPrps ""
                                                    If swModel.GetType = SwConst.swDocumentTypes_e.swDocASSEMBLY Or swModel.GetType = SwConst.swDocumentTypes_e.swDocPART Then
                                                        Next
                                                    End If
                                                    swModel.EditRebuild3
                                                End Sub
                                                    Dim vPropName As Variant
                                                            Next
                                                        End If
                                                    End If
                                                End Sub

Nicolò Bernareggi

great!! it works! thank you!

but it works only for the fields that are "open" look at the image in the post of Mithilesh Kapre posted on 30-ott-2018 20.49...for example it works on Project Name, Folder Name, Description, Part Number...but don't resets the fileds with a "dropdown menu" like Designer, Detailed by and also te date...

Is it possible to work also on these?

Deepak Gupta

Nicolò Bernareggi wrote:

great!! it works! thank you!

but it works only for the fields that are "open" look at the image in the post of Mithilesh Kapre posted on 30-ott-2018 20.49...for example it works on Project Name, Folder Name, Description, Part Number...but don't resets the fileds with a "dropdown menu" like Designer, Detailed by and also te date...

Is it possible to work also on these?

Codes works for me i.e. they delete all properties. If I set the codes to blank out the values but keep the property name, that works as well expect in case the property type is a date or yes/no as these can't be reset unless you change the property type.

Nicolò Bernareggi

so, if i don't change the property type, it isn't possible delete the fields?

with "change the property type" you mean for example to change the dropdown menu whit a box where i can type?

Thanks!

Fifi Riri

"change the property type" means changing the custom property type itself. (Date to string)

But instead you could change the fields in the Tab Builder for simple Text box, that should work.

Nicolò Bernareggi

it works if I use the "text box"...but I prefer to leave it like a date or a "dropdown menu"!

Deepak Gupta

Try these codes (these are not working with Yes/No type)

Option Explicit

Sub main()

Dim vConf As Variant

Dim i As Integer

ClearCustPrps ""

Next

End If

swModel.EditRebuild3

End Sub

Dim vPropName As Variant

Dim vPropTypes As Variant

Dim j As Long

Dim custPropType As Long

swCustPropMgr.GetAll vPropNames, vPropTypes, Empty

For j = 0 To swCustPropMgr.Count - 1

custPropType = swCustPropMgr.GetType2(vPropNames(j))

swCustPropMgr.Delete vPropNames(j)

swCustPropMgr.Add2 vPropNames(j), custPropType, Empty

Next j

End If

End If

End Sub

Cad Admin

In some cases, i find it easier to delete the custom property itself, then re-add it back in the same macro.