5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2018 4:03 PM by Sarah Dwight

Solidworks 2018 Welcome Dialog Box (& Tiny House Icon)

Sarah Dwight

So I may be late to the game, but is anyone else bothered by the Welcome Dialog Box in SW18?

Or the fact that the What's New 2018 PDF doesn't get to telling you about it until page 26!!??

It is literally the first thing that you see when you go to use SW18... why is it not first?

I am not really that upset that SW moved a bunch of stuff I don't use from the task pane to a different window ...that I also wont use.

I will only use the Recent tab, but does it have to be such a jarring color? My poor eyes!

Is there a way to change the color of this window?

I may be complaining today due to the yearly frustration of upgrading...

but I keep hitting the little house icon instead of "new" icon on the toolbar and ...*sigh* just need to vent.

Is there a way to move or remove that little house icon?

• Re: Solidworks 2018 Welcome Dialog Box (& Tiny House Icon)
          Kevin Chandler

Hello,

With a file open, do the regular customize and drag the shanty off into the drawing area until it goes red and release the mouse button.

The recent color isn't that bad when it's full of tiles.

Kevin

Tony Tieuli

Sarah Dwight wrote:

So I may be late to the game, but is anyone else bothered by the Welcome Dialog Box in SW18?

Or the fact that the What's New 2018 PDF doesn't get to telling you about it until page 26!!??

It is literally the first thing that you see when you go to use SW18... why is it not first?

I am not really that upset that SW moved a bunch of stuff I don't use from the task pane to a different window ...that I also wont use.

I will only use the Recent tab, but does it have to be such a jarring color? My poor eyes!

but I keep hitting the little house icon instead of "new" icon on the toolbar and ...*sigh* just need to vent.

Try holding down the ALT key and drag the icon off the toolbar.

I'm not sure if that's permanent because I don't want to drag mine off. I use it all the time. I don't want to have to struggle to get it back.

Kevin Chandler

Tony Tieuli wrote:

Sarah Dwight wrote:

I'm not sure if that's permanent because I don't want to drag mine off. I use it all the time. I don't want to have to struggle to get it back.

You gave me a laugh...I had to rummage to restore mine!

For  anyone else looking for this, it's here:

Tony Tieuli

Kevin Chandler wrote:

Tony Tieuli wrote:

Sarah Dwight wrote:

You gave me a laugh...I had to rummage to restore mine!

For anyone else looking for this, it's here:

Good to know. I'm sure I'll accidentally delete mine sooner or later!

Thanks!

Sarah Dwight

Thanks guys! Your answers solved my tiny house problem! The ALT+drag made it very easy! Now to save my settings so it stays like that!