This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
- Edit part 3 in the context of the assembly (2017 SOLIDWORKS Help - Editing a Part in an Assembly )
- Turning on "No External references" will make sure that all links are broken when you convert. Turning it off, will link part 3 to the assembly.
- Create a 3D sketch inside part 3 (you must use a sketch to do this) A 3D sketch will prevent edge references from projecting onto a 2D sketch plane.
- Select "convert entities"
- Either filter by edges and select all, or just select edges one by one (or you can select faces and grab all the external loops or internal loops)
- Exit the sketch