11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2018 2:31 PM by Marko Topalovic

Export each sheet macro

Marko Topalovic

Hi,

I have been using a macro I found in this forum to export each sheet as a separate file. This macro is working fine but the "problem" we have when we are using this macro is that filename is generated as "filename - sheetname.extension" and for our needs we have to save the files as "sheetname - filename.extension". the reason behind this is that we have to place SAP code in front of everything to be visible.

I have tried to modify the macrto for our needs but I am amateur in programming and I can not find the line in code where I can change the order of the generated file name.

Can someone please tell me how can I modify this code? Also, can I implement custom property in this code?

code:

Option Explicit

Dim swApp               As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim swModel             As SldWorks.ModelDoc2

Dim swModelDocExt       As SldWorks.ModelDocExtension

Dim swExportPDFData     As SldWorks.ExportPdfData

Dim swDraw              As SldWorks.DrawingDoc

Dim swSheet             As SldWorks.Sheet

Dim boolstatus          As Boolean

Dim sFilename           As String

Dim lErrors             As Long

Dim lWarnings           As Long

Dim strSheetName(20)    As String

Dim varSheetName        As Variant

Dim varSheetCount       As Variant

Dim i                   As Long

Private Sub cboFileExt_Change()

End Sub

Private Sub cmdSave_Click()

On Error GoTo error

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

Set swDraw = swApp.ActiveDoc

If swModel.gettype <> 3 Then

MsgBox "Open Document is not a Drawing file.", vbCritical, "Wrong Document Type Open"

End If

Set swModelDocExt = swModel.Extension

Set swExportPDFData = swApp.GetExportFileData(1)

varSheetCount = swModel.GetSheetCount()

For i = 1 To varSheetCount

swDraw.SheetPrevious

Next i

For i = 0 To varSheetCount - 1

If i <> 0 Then

swDraw.SheetNext

End If

Set swSheet = swDraw.GetCurrentSheet

strSheetName(i) = swSheet.GetName

Set swSheet = Nothing

varSheetName = strSheetName(i)

sFilename = swModel.GetTitle & "." & frmMain.cboFileExt.Text

If swExportPDFData Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Nothing"

boolstatus = swExportPDFData.SetSheets(swExportData_ExportSpecifiedSheets, varSheetName)

boolstatus = swModelDocExt.SaveAs(sFilename, 0, 0, swExportPDFData, lErrors, lWarnings)

Next i

Unload frmMain

Exit Sub

error:

MsgBox "An error has occured - Please close and reopen SolidWorks to try again", vbCritical, "Program Error"

Exit Sub

End Sub

• Re: Export each sheet macro
          Deepak Gupta

You need to change this line

sFilename = swModel.GetTitle & "." & frmMain.cboFileExt.Text

to

sFileName = Mid(swModel.GetPathName, InStrRev(swModel.GetPathName, "\") + 1)

sFileName = Left(sFileName, InStrRev(sFileName, ".") - 1)

sFileName = strSheetName(i)  & "-" & sFileName & "." & frmMain.cboFileExt.Text

Marko Topalovic

Thank you very much, it works fine!

Marko Topalovic

Hello again,

the macro works fine, but I have found that it has some problems with save location. For example, when I am working on a part and then start working on a another part that is not in the same file location as the first part, macro will export to the location of the first part.

Can you help me with this? I have seen that it is possible to automatically create a folder when exporting, can this be incorporated within this macro?

And, can you help me with the name modification?

instead of strSheetName I would like to incorporate custom property from the model

sFileName = strSheetName(i)  & "-" & sFileName & "." & frmMain.cboFileExt.Text

Deepak Gupta

Marko Topalovic wrote:

For example, when I am working on a part and then start working on a another part that is not in the same file location as the first part, macro will export to the location of the first part.

This would be interesting to see. Can you share your screen to debug this?

I have seen that it is possible to automatically create a folder when exporting, can this be incorporated within this macro?

And, can you help me with the name modification?

instead of strSheetName I would like to incorporate custom property from the model

sFileName = strSheetName(i) & "-" & sFileName & "." & frmMain.cboFileExt.Text

Yes both of these can be done.

Marko Topalovic

Hi,

Deepak Gupta wrote:

This would be interesting to see. Can you share your screen to debug this?

Please find a link to my video attached.

02-11-2018-07-13-13.mp4 - Google Drive

You can see one file located in the desktop, and one file located on the server. First, I opened the file on the file located in the server and saved it, then I opend a file located on the desktop and tried to export it with this macro. After exporting you can see that exported files didn't appear on the desktop.

Deepak Gupta wrote:

Yes both of these can be done.

Could you please show me hot to implement both of this codes in the macro that is written at the beginning.

If not a problem, please add a comment next to a line of code where you implement this code so I could learn a bit.

Thank you

Deepak Gupta

Marko Topalovic wrote:

You can see one file located in the desktop, and one file located on the server. First, I opened the file on the file located in the server and saved it, then I open a file located on the desktop and tried to export it with this macro. After exporting you can see that exported files didn't appear on the desktop.

So where the exported file is getting saved? With the video it might be little difficult to debug the issue, so can you can do a screen share over team viewer?

Marko Topalovic

I am sorry ,I am not allowed to share my screen with anyone.

The file sometimes saves in the location of the part that is saved first, and sometimes I can not find it anywhere.

As I have seen it in the code, and that is what makes me confused, name of the file is generated with path of the file. I tried to find how to add a line of code where exact location will be defined, that would solve the problem.

As, I said I am just a begginer in macros, and a lot of things may not have sense when I write them, so sorry about that.