Running sw 2017 sp4.0 on a windows 10 system (i7700K CPU w/ Quadro P5000 GPU & 64gb RAM).
Sw hangs for a few minutes or more when placing a "Sketch Picture" Applies to all varieties of images, formats and resolutions.
My work flow is as follows..
1. Open Solidworks
2. Create a new Part file.
3. Create new sketch on front plane
4. Place a Sketch Picture (TOOLS>SKETCH TOOLS>SKETCH PICTURE)
5. Wait while SW hangs for anywhere from 1-10 minutes.
6. Once the image has loaded, manipulate its position/scale/etc., with no additional impact to performance.
7. Go about my business as usual with no additional impact to performance.
Running sw 2017 on windows 10 & Quadro P5000.
Ive tried, JPG, PNG, BMP, etc with identical result.
Image resolution has no bearing either, everything from 4000x4000 pixels to 4x4 pixels takes forever to load.
Once the image is loaded, solidworks performs splendidly.
rebooting, updating drivers, etc has no bearing.
On my older win7 laptop w a quadro K2100M this is a non-issue.
Any ideas for eliminating this issue?