AnsweredAssumed Answered

Has anyone had problems saving an Excel file back to their PDM storage?

Question asked by Jared Smith on Oct 8, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 by Jim Sculley

I've been working on an excel spreadsheet that gets updated with additional information every week.  I've never had any problems until about 2 weeks ago.  I opened the same file as before; made my changes which included things like adding tabs, updating formulas, updating hyperlinks, and updating pie charts; and saved the spreadsheet.  However, when I clicked save, excel crashed.  When i reopened it, it brought up at auto recovered version of the spreadsheet.  When I opened the original spreadsheet, none of the changes i made were saved to the original file.  I've tried the regular options of resetting, powering down, etc and no luck.  Still the same result every time.  Now, not have the same problem with spreadsheets that are located in other folders.  They save just fine.  It is always the files saved on PDM that have the problem.  One more thing, I don't have any problems with Solidworks drawings, assemblies, and parts.  I just have the problems with excel spreadsheets.  IT department says this is a PDM problem.  Let me know if any of y'all have any ideas on what to do.

Outcomes