1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 4:34 PM by Jim Sculley

Has anyone had problems saving an Excel file back to their PDM storage?

Jared Smith

I've been working on an excel spreadsheet that gets updated with additional information every week.  I've never had any problems until about 2 weeks ago.  I opened the same file as before; made my changes which included things like adding tabs, updating formulas, updating hyperlinks, and updating pie charts; and saved the spreadsheet.  However, when I clicked save, excel crashed.  When i reopened it, it brought up at auto recovered version of the spreadsheet.  When I opened the original spreadsheet, none of the changes i made were saved to the original file.  I've tried the regular options of resetting, powering down, etc and no luck.  Still the same result every time.  Now, not have the same problem with spreadsheets that are located in other folders.  They save just fine.  It is always the files saved on PDM that have the problem.  One more thing, I don't have any problems with Solidworks drawings, assemblies, and parts.  I just have the problems with excel spreadsheets.  IT department says this is a PDM problem.  Let me know if any of y'all have any ideas on what to do.

• Re: Has anyone had problems saving an Excel file back to their PDM storage?
          Jim Sculley

If you are using Office 365, a recent Windows Update updated office to version 2019 which is not compatible with SOLIDWORKS:

========================

Solution Id:S-072050

Product:SOLIDWORKS Standard 2018

Created:10/12/2016

Technically Reviewed Date:9/26/2018

Area:Hardware/OS

Sub-Area:

Question:Does SOLIDWORKS® software support the use of the Microsoft® Office 365® software?

Answer:

Yes and No. The Microsoft® Office 365® software uses the software as a service (SaaS) subscription model. This means that Office 365 includes the most recent versions and updates of Office applications. Because Office 365 is always the latest version of Office applications, there will be periods of time when the SOLIDWORKS software does NOT support Office 365. These periods of time will be temporary, while support for the new versions of Office applications is validated and published on the SOLIDWORKS System Requirements page (https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/SystemRequirements.html).

As of September 24, 2018, the Office 365 software includes Office 2019 applications. As of this date, no versions of SOLIDWORKS® applications support Office 2019, and you may encounter problems with the various functions that use Excel functionality (design tables, equations, etc.). Support for Office 2019 is planned for a service pack of SOLIDWORKS 2019.

==============================