3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2018 1:39 PM by Jim Moses

Bom text moving

David Nelson

Got a strange thing happening and it is only happening once in a hundred drawings type of thing.

When I print the drawing 2 letters from the description will jump to another category part#.  But only one Item.  Looking at the drawing to fix it and all is fine.  If I print the drawing to PDF then print all is fine.

Only way to stop this is delete the bom and put in a new one.

Any body else seen this.

• Re: Bom text moving
          Jim Moses

Hi,

Just a thought if it's the same component and same field is jumping, you may want to look at the properties of that field in that part/sub-assembly and make sure nothing weird is going on, maybe even delete that field and re-enter or retype it in, as I have had issues in the past where I copied text in from another source and it caused some strange things to occur

Regards,

David Nelson

This same part in several other drawings works fine.  Also by deleting the bom and putting a new on in corrects the problem.  with no change to the part.  It is a different part each time too.

Jim Moses

Hi again,

Might be just a visual thing as well, if you have a lot of assemblies and details and prints open in 1 session might be the issue, if you have this occur, try saving it and closing it down and reopen and see if its correct after that, I have had a lot of issues since 2016 where things would seem incorrect and when I closed it down and reopened it was fixed, errors, some visual things I know were wrong.

If that is the issue you may want to check the video driver you have is correct for the version you are on.

If its only a few parts that this occurs on you may want to check the source weather its a imported geometry part or something from a vendor as sometimes they contain things that geek out your models and possibility your drawing packages, I had one the other day a imported solid would section on its own, but not when added to an assembly, until I did a import diagnose on it, and funny thing there were no errors present.

good luck let us know how it turns out.

Regards,