3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 9:34 PM by Duncan Gillis

The new Dell Precision 5530 2-in-1 and SolidWorks certification

Peter Ransom

Hi all,

Dell have recently released the Precision 5530 2-in-1 which is, in their words, "the world’s smallest 15" 2-in-1 mobile workstation certified with leading industry applications". However I can't find any further information to confirm whether SolidWorks (or anyone) has certified or tested it. Does anyone out there have any information (ideally a SW employee who is involved in certification)?

Further info:

• Product link: Precision 15 inch 5530 2-in-1 Mobile Workstation Laptop | Dell United States
      • The specs look fine for my type of work, but I'm not sure about the graphics card. It is an AMD "Radeon Pro WX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HBM2 Graphics Memory". This exact card does not appear on the SolidWorks Graphics Card Drivers page, but other Radeon Pro WX cards are there.
      • The website claims "Independent Software Vendor (ISV) certification" for this laptop. There is a link to a document that shows ISVs but there is nothing for this model (not for SolidWorks or any other software). But the list is dated January this year, and this laptop was only released in September. I called Dell support but they couldn't help further.

Cheers,

Pete