4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2018 7:54 AM by Deepak Gupta

Section View Properties "Show Envelope"

Richard Ahlgrim

In the Drawing View Properties dialog for my section view the "show envelope" is grayed out.

I'd like to turn on "show envelope" in my section view but not in the parent view.

I believe there is a setting that changes the settings that the section inherits from the parent.

I can't remember what the setting is called or where I find it.

Any help?

• Re: Section View Properties "Show Envelope"
          Deepak Gupta

Richard Ahlgrim wrote:

In the Drawing View Properties dialog for my section view the "show envelope" is grayed out. I'd like to turn on "show envelope" in my section view but not in the parent view.

This is a parent setting/option and can not be changed into the section view. But wait here is a hack. Create the required envelope in the assembly file as needed. Create two display state in the assembly and in one, hide the envelope part while it is shown in other. now in drawing, for the parent view show the envelope which would automatically show up the envelope in the section view. And now the hack; simply change the display state int he parent view with the envelope part hidden.

Richard Ahlgrim

Deepak,

Thanks a ton. That works like a champ and is exactly what I needed.

While we are on the subject, sometime back  I had a section view that didn't change configuration when the parent view did. I thought there was a setting that corrected that situation. I thought that setting was what I needed this time.

I would still like to know what that setting is for future reference and the fact that it bugs me that I can't remember.

Thanks again.

Deepak Gupta

Richard Ahlgrim wrote:

Deepak,

Thanks a ton. That works like a champ and is exactly what I needed.

While we are on the subject, sometime back I had a section view that didn't change configuration when the parent view did. I thought there was a setting that corrected that situation. I thought that setting was what I needed this time.

I would still like to know what that setting is for future reference and the fact that it bugs me that I can't remember.

Thanks again.

Hi Richard, glad to hear that the trick worked for you.

I've need seen that in section view that configuration doesn't change with changes in the parent view. Were you using a different display state for both the views? Can you give more details or share some files to check?

Cad Admin

I have always found that the parent view of the section controls the section (as it pertains to envelopes)...so if you turn it on in the parent it is visible in the section...sometimes NOT what is desired.