AnsweredAssumed Answered

Internal error. Number of element nodes is (doesn't matter, it's too large)

Question asked by Sean Johnson on Oct 3, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 by Sean Johnson

Is this a known problem?  I've an assembly model that has a mix of solid and sheet metal parts.  I've been successfully running the model without problems, and getting good results.

I changed the thickness of one sheet metal part to evaluate a high stress location.   When I changed it back to the original thickness, my contacts, which had been "no penetration" stopped working, and became bonded.  Nothing I could do would change this, including deleting all contacts and loads, and reapplying.

I started stripping the assembly back and rerunning, to try and figure out where the problem was.

I began getting an error: "Internal error. Number of element nodes is greater than maximum allowed.  Element Number ="    It didn't matter how far back I stripped the assembly, I still got that error.  I finally stripped it back to a single part, and was able to run an analysis.  Anything more than this, and I got the error.

I've noticed in the past that when you make analysis changes, that Simulation has a hard time "forgetting" what was there before.  Is there a way to strip all of the Simulation information from an assembly, so I can start over without creating a brand new assembly?   I had to do a new assembly already last week, and the new has worn off the situation.

thanks.

Outcomes