8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 9:54 AM by Peter De Vlieger

Help files still need lots of work it seems

Peter De Vlieger

An example.

For the first time ever I needed to do something with an equation that was giving me grief in an config. Reason being that what is wanted isn't something that was originally intended.

So I noticed that one can not only delete equations but also disable them. GREAT ! That will come in handy for the problem at hand.

Let's look in the help file to learn more about it

After telling you that to disable you have to click disable and to enable you have to swith to ordered view and click enable it also mentions...

Whoa, I can put it in a designtable to do that, even better. Any detail about how to specify that unique identifier however is lacking. I guess they thought it being so straight forward that it didn't need further clarification.

Don't fret; there's a link provided to learn more about it in the Knowledge base.

Let's cut them some slack and not be a grump about it, just click the link and all will be revealed in glorious detail :

REALLY !?

• Re: Help files still need lots of work it seems
          Deepak Gupta

Peter, In my understanding the knowledge base is more related to SPR or related solutions. If someone has reported an issue related to your needs then only it would show up in the KB. Also the keywords use would play an important role in the search. For example I used disable equations and got this

Dan Pihlaja

When there is an issue with the help file, make sure that you let them know about it:

After I have left feedback, I have received emails concerning the issue directly from the person in charge of that area of the help files.

The system works, even if it is clunky sometimes....we just have to use it.

Peter De Vlieger

That there's a system to get it rectified I would think is only normal.

That we don't have to jump thru hoops to notify them about an issue should also be normal. Unlike the ridiculous SR situation.

That everytime that I actual use the helpfile, and I only use it a few times a year, I notice errors, lack of actual helpful information instead of stating the obvious, broken links, incorrect linking to a help page etc... just sits wrong with me.

This isn't some little shareware program by a couple of guys who see it as a little project after their workday.

Dan Pihlaja

Peter De Vlieger wrote:

That there's a system to get it rectified I would think is only normal.

That we don't have to jump thru hoops to notify them about an issue should also be normal. Unlike the ridiculous SR situation.

That everytime that I actual use the helpfile, and I only use it a few times a year, I notice errors, lack of actual helpful information instead of stating the obvious, broken links, incorrect linking to a help page etc... just sits wrong with me.

This isn't some little shareware program by a couple of guys who see it as a little project after their workday.

Then make sure that you are sharing this via the feedback loop.  Give feedback for each and every error you see.

Jim Sculley

Peter De Vlieger wrote:

An example.

For the first time ever I needed to do something with an equation that was giving me grief in an config. Reason being that what is wanted isn't something that was originally intended.

So I noticed that one can not only delete equations but also disable them. GREAT ! That will come in handy for the problem at hand.

Let's look in the help file to learn more about it

After telling you that to disable you have to click disable and to enable you have to swith to ordered view and click enable it also mentions...

Whoa, I can put it in a designtable to do that, even better. Any detail about how to specify that unique identifier however is lacking. I guess they thought it being so straight forward that it didn't need further clarification.

Further clarification is provided in the Help associated with the System Option mentioned: