AnsweredAssumed Answered

On a drawing, is there a parameter that reads the default part/assy title description instead of the configuration description

Question asked by Brian Stoddard on Oct 2, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 by Brian Stoddard

On my drawing format, for title description, I have it set to $PRPSHEET:{DESCRIPTION} which most would.  However, if working with a part/assembly with multiple configurations, the description changes based on what configuration is active on the drawing.   Is there a parameter that only pulls the description from the Default configuration of the part/assembly?

For example, in the picture below, I have an assembly with multiple configurations on it.  Each is obviously named differently.  I want the description on the drawing to read ROD ASSEMBLY (which the default configuration would be called), without the SMALL designation.  I don’t want a column showing the default.

I know I can use the Tab Builder to add a Title Description to my Custom Properties but that text would have be inputted independently for every drawing.  I’m worried if the part/assembly name changes, someone would forget to change the drawing name.

Running SW 2017

Currently not using any PDM yet

Outcomes