2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2018 10:53 AM by Samovar The Boss

Having a problem adding thickness and mirroing a project.

Samovar The Boss

Hello guys. I'm fairly new to this.
      I've been learing solidworks for 2 days already and came with a project of a custom gauge for my car. I've taken measurements and made the 3D model of it.

The problem is, I can't seem to be able to thicken the surfaces for me to print them (I need about 7mm). The other problem would be I can't mirror it =(

Do you guys have any useful links for this situation?

I've attached the project, the end result would be something like this: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1OuNbIXXXXXagXXXXq6xXFXXXZ/Car-Accessories-Carbon-Fiber-D-Style-Dash-Triple-Gauge-Pod-Fit-…

Thanks!

• Re: Having a problem adding thickness and mirroing a project.
          Dave Bear

Hi Samovar,

I can mirror your part no issues.............

3 Gauge.PNG

Firstly, you won't be able to thicken this by 7mm because of some of the geometry of it. Some of the curves, arcs, corners, spaces are too small to facilitate a 7mm thickening. For example, you've barely got 1.5mm gap in the cavity that overlooks the gauges so that may as well be solid. Also, you have done really well with this as a new SolidWorks user but you really should do the tutorials and learn about fully defining ALL of your sketches once they are complete, or at least try to.

Dave.