4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 3:08 AM by Mattias De Craecker

Visualize Feedback

Jeffrey Clark

I am not sure if this will reach somebody that can do something about it, but I have some feedback on Solidworks Visualize. I have the standard version, so let me know if any of these features are in higher versions that I should consider purchasing.

1. Can you put in Pantone colors? It would make life a lot easier for companies like mine that use exclusively Pantone. The conversion never works out quite right. It seems that most of the design world is headed that way anyway.

2. It should be much easier to select a lot of parts and assign an appearance from the library. It becomes very tedious to drag an appearance onto hundreds of wires in a basket or dozens of faces that need to be the same color. I would prefer if there was another selection tool to make it easy to select a lot of parts, and then you could just right click and have a button called, "Assign Appearance," where you could select from the library or create something new.

3. This might be a stretch, but it would be nice to have simple measurements available to help with setting up multiple imports.

4. The new update gives a preview of some materials that is very inaccurate. For example, the preview shows large, silver flakes for one material that comes out of a render looking like plain black plastic. Not a huge deal, but it would save a lot of time if it were close to the same, so I don't have to render, adjust, repeat a few times for each color to come out right.

5. I LOVE the "Split Part" feature! Can there be a "Combine Parts" feature to compliment it?

• Re: Visualize Feedback
          Mattias De Craecker

Hello Jeffrey,

1. you can vote for enhancement SPR 1009635: SOLIDWORKS Visualize - support Mold Tech and Pantone appearances in Visualize library.

This can be done from your SOLIDWORKS customer portal account, under the enhancement request section.

2. There is a quick short cut to copy paste appearances. With the appearances selection tool active, Shift + left click on the appearance you want to copy, shit + right click on the parts where you want to assign the copied appearance. This should save you some time

3. We do not have a measure tool like the one in SOLIDWORKS

4. I should see an example to correctly interpret the question.

5. You can group parts in the models tree.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mattias

• Re: Visualize Feedback
            Scott Ellery

Hi Jeffrey ,

to elaborate on Mattias' comment

1. there is no pantone library but you can use the colour dropper inside of visualize and drag and drop it outside of the visualize environment. this means if you have a digital pantone library or you google the pantone number you should be able to capture the correct colour, I have found this to be a pretty accurate way of representing pantone in visualize.

2. beyond the quick copy and paste of appearance you can copy an appearance that you want to add to many parts , then you can pre select all the parts you would like to apply the apperance, RMB and select "Assign Appearance"

3. not entirely sure what you mean with this but further to mattias' comment although there is no measure tool the default coordinate lines in visualize are 1m x 1m x 1m to help with correct scaling if required.

4. I would suggest not using preview mode too much especially for appearance accuracy , I generally keep settings at fast "Quality" or Fast "speed" settings for more accurate appearances while still maintaining performance.