AnsweredAssumed Answered

Visualize Feedback

Question asked by Jeffrey Clark on Sep 28, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 by Mattias De Craecker

I am not sure if this will reach somebody that can do something about it, but I have some feedback on Solidworks Visualize. I have the standard version, so let me know if any of these features are in higher versions that I should consider purchasing.

1. Can you put in Pantone colors? It would make life a lot easier for companies like mine that use exclusively Pantone. The conversion never works out quite right. It seems that most of the design world is headed that way anyway.

2. It should be much easier to select a lot of parts and assign an appearance from the library. It becomes very tedious to drag an appearance onto hundreds of wires in a basket or dozens of faces that need to be the same color. I would prefer if there was another selection tool to make it easy to select a lot of parts, and then you could just right click and have a button called, "Assign Appearance," where you could select from the library or create something new.

3. This might be a stretch, but it would be nice to have simple measurements available to help with setting up multiple imports.

4. The new update gives a preview of some materials that is very inaccurate. For example, the preview shows large, silver flakes for one material that comes out of a render looking like plain black plastic. Not a huge deal, but it would save a lot of time if it were close to the same, so I don't have to render, adjust, repeat a few times for each color to come out right.

5. I LOVE the "Split Part" feature! Can there be a "Combine Parts" feature to compliment it?

Outcomes