3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 1:31 PM by Paul Wyndham

deploy Solidworks with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012R2

Benjamin Hagen

All,

I am hoping to get some assistance. I have been trying for several weeks week to build and deploy a Solidworks 2018 deployment and I am not sure where I am going wrong or if I am even on the right track.  Searching this form I did find the following https://forum.solidworks.com/message/441513?q=deploy%20Solidworks%20with%20Microsoft%20System%20Center%20Configuration%2…  unfortantly the steps listed here did not work for me.

What I have done thus far:

1) Downloaded SolidWorks 2018 with SP 4

2) created an Administrator image

3) built package in SCCM based on image

4) Package begins install is NOT silent

5) Errors out immidatly stating it cannot find administrator.xml (I believe is the file)

Based on #5 I am missing a critcal file where in Gods name do I find this file?

Based on #4 I am missing something as well as the whole point of SCCM is silently install an application and now disrupt the end user.

Any help or assistance would be appreciated

Thank you for your help.

• Re: deploy Solidworks with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012R2
          Paul Wyndham

To install SolidWorks you would need a line similar to the following one. You need to run this line after you run all the prerequisites.

msiexec.exe /i "\\InstallDrive\SW2018\64bit\SOLIDWORKS\SolidWorks.msi" INSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files\SolidWorks2018 UPGRADESWINSTALL=1 ENABLEPERFORMANCE=1 OFFICEOPTION=3 SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER=XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX MBDSERIALNUMBER=XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX MOTIONSERIALNUMBER=XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX SIMULATIONSERIALNUMBER=XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX TOOLBOXFOLDER=C:\SolidWorks Data SERVERLIST=25734@LicenseServerName ADDLOCAL=CoreSOLIDWORKSTaskScheduler,PhotoView,SolidWorksDeignChecker,SolidworksUtilities,SolidWorks,CircuitWorks,ExampleFiles,FeatureWorks,HelpFiles,Manuals,Motion,RealViewGraphicsdisplay,ScanTo3D,Simulation,SolidWorksAnimator,SolidWorksCosting,SolidWorksRoutedsystems,SolidWorksToolbox,TolAnalyst,VSTA /qb

/qb at the end means quiet mode with a basic interface. That means there is a little box that comes up with a cancel button on it.

Other options would be:

• /quiet -- No user interaction
          • /passive -- some form of progress bar
          • /q -- quiet plus a modifier
            • n -- no User interface
            • n+ -- nothing except a message box at the end of install
            • b -- basic
            • b+ -- basic with message box
            • b- -- basic with no dialog boxes
            • b-! or b!- no cancel button
            • r -- reduced interface
            • f - full interface

You can add a /norestart, /promptrestart, or /forcerestart to the end of the line to add that function.

You should test them all out to know exactly what they do and if they work in your environment.

You will need separate msiexec lines for SolidWorks, SWPDM, Composer, SolidWorks Explorer/WGPDM, eDrawings, Flow Simulation, Plastics, Inspection, and Visualize.

If you need to install a language pack you have to run a separate msiexec line as well.

Since I have my users launch the installer I like to have it force things like Word, Excel, Outlook, SolidWorks and even Windows Explorer to close before it starts the installation.