Hello SOLIDWORKS Power Users and welcome to the 20th SWPUC!
This challenge is encountered by many of us every day, when trying to save time by mirroring parts or even assemblies. If the components have labels attached, either as text or as sketches, the text geometry gets mirrored too.
Ideally, SOLIDWORKS should offer the option to not mirror the text, but it probably is not very easy.
Allow me to simplify the problem for the purpose of the challenge, as shown in this video:
1. Download the attached part
2. Create a mirrored part by using the Mirror Part command
3. Find the most elegant way to ensure the letters are not mirrored (a method with the minimal number of steps/ features for the user)
4. When editing the text in the parent part, the text in the mirrored part should update.
5. Do not attempt to link the text in the two parts using equations. Use just the mirrored information.
6. Upload both parts. I will should be able to edit the text in the parent and have the mirrored part update as in the video.
1. For eternal glory and 5,000 points, be the first to:
- post a solution that meets the requirements above using only SOLIDWORKS functionality
2. For eternal glory and 5,000 points, be the first to:
- post a solution that meets the requirements above using a SOLIDWORKS macro
3. For eternal glory and 10,000 points, upload the best solution before 12:00 pm, on Friday, the 12th of October, 2018, using only SOLIDWORKS functionality
4. For eternal glory and 10,000 points, upload the best macro solving this challenge before 12:00 pm, on Friday, the 12th of October, 2018,
- Update - Attached the video for users who cannot access YouTube.