did you put correct SW 2018 serial number or did you use SW 2017 one?
You can try:
1) Go to (C:/ProgramData/FLEXnet)
2) Rename it to e.g. FLEXnet_old
3) Run and activate SOLIDWORKS
Please keep in mind that ProgramData by default is hidden and you should change it in Windows options.
I used a 2018 code.
Renamed Flexnet to Flexnet_old, and then tried to run Solidworks. Got the Wizard 72 error. Same thing happened with the (un)installation menu.
To resolve this issue:
1. In Windows® File Explorer, browse to:
2. Open a Windows command prompt.
3. Drag and drop the file ‘swlicservinst.exe’ from File Explorer onto the command line. The command line will read:
C:\< SOLIDWORKS Installation Folder>\SolidWorks\Setup\i386\swlicservinst.exe
4. Change the command to read:
C:\< SOLIDWORKS Installation Folder>\SolidWorks\Setup\i386\swlicservinst.exe -swip SWX
5. Press the Enter key.
6. Open the Task Manager and click the ‘Services’ tab.
7. In the list of services, right-click on ‘SolidWorks Licensing Service’ > ‘Start Service’.
8. Try the activation again.
"The operation could not be completed."
"The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has on enabled devices associated with it."
So says Task Manager when I tried to start it. Also the licensing service is currently "stopped." Not sure if that's supposed to be a thing.
I restarted my computer so the license manager is running again. That said, I still get the Wizard 72 thing regardless.
I had this problem as well, and with a little background knowledge....try this:
1. Get the "run" menu (Win+R) and run "services.msc"
2. scroll down until you find "FlexNet...." (There should be two, depending on if your system is x64 or not,
3. Double click both of them and change the dropdown to "Automatic"
4. Scroll down until you find "Solidworks Licensing...."
5. Same as Step 3, change the drop down to "Automatic"
It should be all good now!
Thanks a lot ,from Perú