2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2009 11:19 AM by Danielle Ohallisey

BOM Quantity Property in Note

Danielle Ohallisey
      Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a "favorite" annotation for parts and subassemblies in an assembly drawing, and have it mostly worked out. First, I create a BOM in the drawing that is hidden, and then in the balloon favorites I saved a note that shows the custom properties $PRPMODEL:"Number" ($PRPMODEL:"Description").
      I want to add the quantity information in the callout as well, but can't figure out what that property is called. Seems like it should be an easy thing to look up (other properties show when you simply hover the mouse over an annotation that is already displaying the contents of that property) but this one just doesn't seem to be documented. Does anyone know how to find it? Will I need to create a custom property that is linked to this value, in order to link to it in my drawings?

Thanks,

Danielle
        • BOM Quantity Property in Note
          Eddie Cyganik

Sorry Danielle,

....but the last time I looked into accessing"SolidWorks" vaiables, I was told that "Part Number (PARTNUMBER)", "Item Number (ITEM NO." and "Quantity (Qty)" were not accessable by the user. You can use all three in a BOM and you can use "$PARTNUMBER" in a design table but none of them can be used in file properties.

Something might have changed and API may provide some capabilities that I am unaware of but as far as I know there isn't any direct means for access/use.