1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 9:35 AM by Jeremy Carlsness

How to update description in title block?

Jeremy Carlsness

Hello,

I am running solidworks 2016. I also am using teamcenter 11. I have an assembly I needed to update in solidworks but the update needed a new part number. I pulled a new part number in teamcenter. I opened up the old part number model and drawing and did a save as on both the assembly model and drawing to the new part number into my swim folder. I then saved into teamcenter to the new part number. I updated the custom properties in the assembly model and classified the assembly. When I went into the titleblock the titleblock did not update the description, date, drawn by or approver. How do I get the titlblock to update? Thank you

Jeremy

• Re: How to update description in title block?
          Jeremy Carlsness

I figured it out. The original model had configuration specific properties in the model for the title block. These configuration specific settings would not allow the current classification or custom properties update the title block. These configuration specific settings did not show up in the properties dialogue when opened. I found these by right clicking on the configuration and going into the properties. Once in the properties I had to click custom properties then I found what I was looking for. I deleted those things and now the drawing has updated and displays properly.