5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2018 8:03 AM by Apoorva Giriraja

Drawing dimensions are broken?

Apoorva Giriraja

Hello Guys,

I recently upgraded my solid works tool to 2018 version. And I am noticing some weird behaviour of solid works.

When ever I draw some drawings and reopen them again upon closing I end up with dangling dimensions.

Here is the attached image for example.

Please help me out to get over this problem. 

• Re: Drawing dimensions are broken?
          John Stoltzfus

Apoorva Giriraja - You can reattach the dimensions, click on a dimension and drag the red block to reconnect.  Other than that you would need to delete the dimensions and start over..

Steve Calvert

Is this by chance a detached drawing and the model has changed?

Steve C

Tony Tieuli

Apoorva Giriraja wrote:

Hello Guys,

I recently upgraded my solid works tool to 2018 version. And I am noticing some weird behaviour of solid works.

When ever I draw some drawings and reopen them again upon closing I end up with dangling dimensions.

Here is the attached image for example.

Please help me out to get over this problem.

This is the first time I've ever seen a drawing with ALL the dimensions dangling. The model file is obviously available or all you would see is empty views unless it's been opened in Quick View mode. I don't think the dimensions would be dangling in Quick View mode.

I can't get my head around how all the dimensions could be dangling.

Can you post the model and drawing so we can check it out?

Deepak Gupta

Try a force rebuild and see if that helps. Was it a downloaded model or crated in SOLIDWORKS? Did someone replaced the model or do you've a model with same name (same file) in different location? Check that drawing is referring to correct model/configuration.

Apoorva Giriraja

Guys thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate it.

I just went back to the previous version and copied the older part which was saved yesterday. and re linked my drawing to that part to check and see if it works.

surprisingly it worked and no dangling dimensions!!

Not sure what is the problem with recently saved part.

By the way this part was imported from the .STEP file. I think this has something to do with the feature recognition.

Anyways I will just go back to the older file and proceed since it is not causing any problem with that file. 

Thanks you all for your precious time and effort.

Best Regards,

Apoorva