10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 4:29 AM by Rinze Wels

Auto start macro with shortcut, equation triggered or addin?

Rinze Wels

Hello!

I have been searching on the forum, but haven't found a clear solution for my issue yet. I would be pleased when someone can help me.

With info of this forum I have managed to create a working macro which extract a product number and product name uit of the file name and place it in the custom properties. Yes!

I now want the macro to automatically start the macro, preferably on rebuild.

I have found 3 options:

1. Starting SW with a shortcut to start the macro.
        This option is easy, but won't work when opening a part from File Explorer. It will also not do when I outsource work, because I have them to change their shorcut too and not evereone is fond of that.
      2. Using equation triggered macro's
        I think that is what I need, but it seems that I cannot reproduce in SW 2018 what is explaned in the nice Youtube video from CADSharp. In the video SW cries a bit after importing the text file, but permits it. SW 2018 seems not to permit it anymore  
      3. Using a addin
        This sounds a bit complex for the simple purpose I have for the macro. Besides that I was just happy that I managed to get a macro working and I am a bit discouraged considering investigating addins. In other words: I almost know nothing about addins and I hope that it can stay that way :-)

Resumed:

I would be pleased to get some support to get my simple macro started automatically. The macro itself may be embedded, but a link is also ok.

Thanks in advance!