2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 10:01 AM by Don Carter

Hatching

Jim Clark

I have my standards set to ANSI, all SW material hatching is ISO. Is there any way to change it so SW material will reflect ANSI hatching without making a custom material or manually changing everyone?

Thanks

Jim

• Re: Hatching
          Piotr Szulta

jim,

no, there is no way - (imo)

• Re: Hatching
            Don Carter

Jim Clark wrote:

I have my standards set to ANSI, all SW material hatching is ISO. Is there any way to change it so SW material will reflect ANSI hatching without making a custom material or manually changing everyone?

Thanks

Jim

Jim,

Your best bet is to make your own "Sldwks.ptn" (pattern) file that goes along with your own version of a  "MATERIALS.sldmat" (materials database).

The advantage is that it is yours and may be freely customized.

This is a requirement for us because of a LOT of custom materials.

There are a few disadvantages, but the advantage FAR OUTWEIGHS them:

Must be distributed to every user and written to the same location as the out-of-the-box files.

Can be a problem if users don't have admin rights on their own PC.

That step must be done after the install of a new release or reinstall of SWx.

Must also be redistributed if you add/modify a pattern.

I submitted an ER many, many moons ago to allow us to locate these files ANYPLACE but the default location to avoid these problems.   Simply put, just let us locate them as we please and set a System Option to point to them.

The SPR’s reference number is: 162114, "Allow every file type that can be customized to be listed in Tools, Options, File Locations".

Hope this helps.