8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 3:41 PM by Jeremy Feist

EPDM Rollback

Jason Lisy

Why are some items automatically checked and grayed out when I try to roll back an assembly file? I don't want to roll back these files because I will lose changes. Is there any way around this?

• Re: EPDM Rollback
          Sam Sam

Hi,

In Help File is the section - Rolling Back a File with References - with some conditions - possibly something from this?

In principle these files do not owe Rollback, but if it occurs - it is necessary to receive after that the latest version (or the specified version) for necessary files.

Don Carter

Jason,

I have seen the same thing.  I reported it to my VAR and got a non-answer answer:

"It looks as though that file has a selected rollback point. If you change that to ‘No rollback setpoint’, it should allow you to uncheck that item."

Nope..... that answer doesn't come close to being useful.

I'm hoping that someone from SolidWorks Tech Support will see this question and provide an answer.

Kamil Wilkosz

Jason, could you send a full screenshot which presenting cad tree structure too?

Could you correct if this "gray and checked" part is not the same part or virtual parts which are saved into assembly?

Regards,

Kamil

Cad Admin

I agree with Sam Sam

"Rolling back a file/assembly with references - with some conditions..."

Its the only time i see this appear/happen...

Kamil Wilkosz

Cad Admin, not exactly, if you're using "roling back (...) with references" you are able to check or uncheck checkboxes:

The only "Internal component" cannot be unchecked seperatly.

That's why I asked Jason if these files are not internally saved into assembly?

Regards,

Kamil

Cad Admin

Kamil,

Yes i agree with your statement...my statement was i only see it with those conditions.

Jeremy Feist

items are also greyed out if they are used in another file (assembly or drawing) that is checked out by any user.

this is extremely annoying when it automatically selects those files for rollback, and you cannot de-select them (due to being greyed out).

there should be an (vault level?) option to default to NOT select any child files during rollback, but still present the tree for manual selection.