2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2018 1:08 PM by Maurice Long

projected curve error

Maurice Long

I'm receiving an error that there's more than one open/closed profiles and SW cannot resolve the projected curve. I'm having a hard time understanding what Solidworks constitutes open/closed profiles so that I can learn what it is I'm doing wrong.

I have the following sketches that I'm trying to project into a new curve. https://imgur.com/a/deumeK7. I used the same steps to create the sketches as this Solidworks tutorial (which I've completed on a separate occasion and didn't run into any errors).

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

• Re: projected curve error
          John Stoltzfus

Maurice Long

Zoom in to the line endpoints and see if there is a gap or you can also check to see if you can drag them, if you can you'll need to connect them to close the profile..

• Re: projected curve error
              Maurice Long

I didn't see any gaps and all three sketches have been fully defined so I couldn't drag them around.

The two sketches with which I'm trying to create the projected curve were created through convert entities onto the sketch planes. I removed the on edge relationships for both sketches and the Project Curve tool was able to project half of the curve. I then recreated one of the sketches to be projected manually instead of using convert entities and now the Project Curve tool is able to project the entire curve.

I'm not exactly sure why this worked.