AnsweredAssumed Answered

Retrieving COM class factory failed error: 80040154

Question asked by Michael Kudla on Sep 17, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 by Jim Sculley

Hi there, thank you for reading.

I am working on developing a piece of code which executes within and accesses data from a commercial radiation planning software (Eclipse). I'm attempting to have this script also update some model parameters within a SolidWorks model. When attempting to open the SolidWorks application (SldWorks swApp = new SldWorks(); ) i get an error: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CSLID {xxx-xxx-xxx} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))."

I understand that this means that the application is attempting something in the registry that isn't there, but it isn't clear what I should do to remedy this.

I am running SW 2018 in Windows 7, using Visual Studio Community 2017 as my editor.

The piece of code works on its own, and I believe I have all of the relevant Solidworks .dll's references. I have no build errors in my solution.

I apologize if there is anything confusing in this, as I am new to C# and the Solidworks API. I will do my best to clarify any questions.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Outcomes