3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2018 9:38 AM by David Matula

File Management help please

Kevin Corby

Literally the 1st things I am supposed to do in class with solidworks...

Page 5 - 4

Create two new sub-folders (MY-TEMPLATES and PROJECTS) under the SOLIDWORKS-MODELS 2018 folder.

1) Double-click the SOLIDWORKS-MODELS 2018 folder on your hard drive.

2) Click NEW FOLDER from the Windows Main Menu. A new folder icon is displayed...

I do not have a SOLIDWORKS-MODELS 2018 folder anywhere. I do not have even a SOLIDWORKS MODEL folder. Where do I create these? Do I have to make these folders, if so where? I can't find anything. Is it a documents type folder or something inside the main SOLIDWORKS?

Help please.

• Re: File Management help please
          Dave Bear

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Corby wrote:

Literally the 1st things I am supposed to do in class with solidworks...

Page 5 - 4

Create two new sub-folders (MY-TEMPLATES and PROJECTS) under the SOLIDWORKS-MODELS 2018 folder.

1) Double-click the SOLIDWORKS-MODELS 2018 folder on your hard drive.

2) Click NEW FOLDER from the Windows Main Menu. A new folder icon is displayed...

I do not have a SOLIDWORKS-MODELS 2018 folder anywhere. I do not have even a SOLIDWORKS MODEL folder. Where do I create these? Do I have to make these folders, if so where? I can't find anything. Is it a documents type folder or something inside the main SOLIDWORKS?

Help please.

This is a tricky one to answer because if you are in a class then the curriculum could be set up by anyone and not necessarily a defined course. I would suggest the obvious and ask these questions of your lecturer/teacher.

Dave.

Deepak Gupta

As Dave mentioned that you better ask your teacher but on a wild guess, you can create the folder named "SOLIDWORKS-MODELS 2018" yourself also on the system which would help you to finish the assignment.

David Matula

ok this one I think I know.  it has to do with the file locations in options.  best hint I can give you.