8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 11:32 PM by Ari Arponen

"File being modified ..." warning message

Christian Chu

SW2018 sp4.

This message keeps pop-up even I check "Do not show ..." - Really annoyed !

Anyone has seen  this mesg again and again ?

• Re: "File being modified ..." warning message
          Sam Sam

Hi,

I tried on sp4 - I do not have it.

But, I had cases when after change + return of settings back - the problem was solved.

Try to change something in SolidWorks/Tools/SOLIDWORKS PDM/Options...

Maybe will carry. The truth can will it is necessary to quit PDM.

If to try under other user on this computer? I think that it is possible something with settings in registry. Maybe comparing of these settings will give something?

Ari Arponen

I was just about to ask very same question, and then looked the PDM options and checked out these:

pdm_ilmoitukset.png

Christian Chu

Thank you, guys

My question is why "Do not show this message again" check off won't work

Sam Sam

The question understandable, but why "Do not show this message again" check off will not work - perhaps we can not receive such response.

I have a lot of similar questions too - for example:

- why in Preview of graphic files sometimes in Display Options / "Use antialiasing when rengering bitmaps" check on will not work?

- or why sometimes it is impossible to change the program of opening by default?

I have no responses to these questions. But I know that it is local problems and there are some assumptions according to their decision.

But on a question - why settings of users or Groups are sometimes reset - there is a response - the Reset button - and it is not a local problem. (though this decision not to be pleasant to me).

Therefore, it is logical to offer probable variants of searching of decisions. There is no warranty that they will give something.

In this case I assume that a problem possibly local and possible related with the specific user. My sentence to clarify it and in case of confirmation to look for the further decision. I think that the question can go beyond the PDM settings.

For example, it is possible to try force to register ".dll" - related with this mesg or to increase the rights if it is ".exe" the file or other actions in Windows.

Ari Arponen

Ok, this issue is also very close to this one:

Sometimes when working with PDM (large assemblies), this window pops up like 50 times and all the files it wants to save are checked in to pdm and approved how the hell I get rid of this?!