swModel.SketchManager.InsertSketch True

Set sketch = swModel.SketchManager.ActiveSketch

Set feature = sketch

MsgBox feature.Name

End Sub

' i want to get the name of active sketch/ feature;

• Re: can anybody convert this to c#
          Alex Burnett

I don't know what program you're using to write this but the syntax would look similar to this:

Disclaimer: I haven't compiled this and there may be some errors.

SldWorks.SldWorks swApp;
          ModelDoc2 swModel;
          Sketch sketch;
          Feature feature;

static void Main(string[] args) // This maydiffer depending on what program you're using to code this.
          {
               swApp = new SldWorks(); // This will definitely differ depending on what you want to do.

swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc;
               swModel.SketchManager.InsertSketch(true);
               sketch = swModel.SketchManager.ActiveSketch;

feature = (Feature)sketch;
               MessageBox.Show(feature.name, "Title");
          }

Shubham Misal

actually when i run the program for the first time it runs perfectly, but for second time it throws an exception.

for first time it creates sketch1 and the second time it creates sketch2. to run the program for second time  i change the dimension from "D1@Sketch1" to "D1@Sketch2".

// here is the code

ModelDoc2 swDoc = ((ModelDoc2)(swApp.ActiveDoc));

bool boolstatus = swDoc.Extension.SelectByID2("Front Plane", "PLANE", 0, 0, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

swDoc.ClearSelection2(true);

SketchSegment skSegment = ((SketchSegment)(swDoc.SketchManager.CreateCircle(0, 0, 0, 0.058997, -0.000425, 0)));

boolstatus = swDoc.Extension.SelectByID2("Arc1", "SKETCHSEGMENT", 0.059564187415199948, 0.0052473212722914248, 0, false,                                    0, null, 0);

DisplayDimension myDisplayDim = ((DisplayDimension)(swDoc.AddDimension2(0.08480805731973709, 0.0015600144323028586,                                    0)));

boolstatus = swDoc.Extension.SelectByID2("D1@Sketch2@Part3.SLDPRT", "DIMENSION", 0.08480805731973709,                                    0.0015600144323028586, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

Dimension myDimension = ((Dimension)(swDoc.Parameter("D1@Sketch1")));

myDimension.SystemValue = 0.12;

swDoc.SketchManager.InsertSketch(true);

can you help me in this....?

Alex Burnett

Shubham Misal wrote:

actually when i run the program for the first time it runs perfectly, but for second time it throws an exception.

for first time it creates sketch1 and the second time it creates sketch2. to run the program for second time i change the dimension from "D1@Sketch1" to "D1@Sketch2".

// here is the code

ModelDoc2 swDoc = ((ModelDoc2)(swApp.ActiveDoc));

bool boolstatus = swDoc.Extension.SelectByID2("Front Plane", "PLANE", 0, 0, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

SketchSegment skSegment = ((SketchSegment)(swDoc.SketchManager.CreateCircle(0, 0, 0, 0.058997, -0.000425, 0)));

boolstatus = swDoc.Extension.SelectByID2("Arc1", "SKETCHSEGMENT", 0.059564187415199948, 0.0052473212722914248, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

DisplayDimension myDisplayDim = ((DisplayDimension)(swDoc.AddDimension2(0.08480805731973709, 0.0015600144323028586, 0)));

boolstatus = swDoc.Extension.SelectByID2("D1@Sketch2@Part3.SLDPRT", "DIMENSION", 0.08480805731973709, 0.0015600144323028586, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

Dimension myDimension = ((Dimension)(swDoc.Parameter("D1@Sketch1")));

Dimension myDimension = (Dimension)myDisplayDim.GetDimension();

myDimension.SystemValue = 0.12;

swDoc.SketchManager.InsertSketch(true);

can you help me in this....?

If you're using SelectByID2, then there is almost always another way to programatically select the item without having to know its name, coordinates, etc.

I've updated the code you posted to use the same practice as I have in one of my programs. I've included a snip of code below.

// Draw Stock Size Circle
                  swSketchSeg = swSketchMan.CreateCircle(swSketchPt.X, swSketchPt.Y, swSketchPt.Z, swSketchArc.GetRadius(), swSketchArc.GetRadius(), 0); // Create second circle to represent the actual stock size
                  swSketchSeg.Select4(false, null); // Select this circle

swDispDimActualDiam = (DisplayDimension)swModel.AddDimension2(0, MaxLinearDistance, 0); // Add a driving dimension to this circle
                  swDimActualDiam = (Dimension)swDispDimActualDiam.GetDimension(); // Get dimension variable of this display dimension
                  swDimActualDiam.SystemValue = 2 * MaxLinearDistance; // Set this value to the min diameter

Shubham Misal

thank you very much..

Shubham Misal

can i use the same for rectangle. for an array which selection method is convenient..?

u told select4 method for circle, i used the same for rectangle.

Array rectangle = swDoc.SketchManager.CreateCornerRectangle(0, 0, 0, 5, 5, 0);

rectangle[0].select4(false,null);   // this is for base

DisplayDimension myDisplayDim = (DisplayDimension) swDoc.AddDimension2(0, 0, 0);   // AddDimension2 adds location of the dimension only.

Dimension myDimension = (Dimension) myDisplayDim.GetDimension();

myDimension.systemValue=0.2;

rectangle[1].select4(false,null);   // this is for hight

DisplayDimension myDisplayDim = (DisplayDimension) swDoc.AddDimension2(0, 0, 0);

Dimension myDimension = (Dimension) myDisplayDim.GetDimension();

myDimension.systemValue=0.4;

Shubham Misal

swDoc= (ModelDoc2)swApp.ActiveDoc;

SelMgr = (SelectionMgr)swDoc.SelectionManager;

SelData = (SelectData)SelMgr.CreateSelectData();

Array Rect= swDoc.SketchManager.createCornerRectangle(0,0,0,5,5,0);

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Line3@Sketch2", "EXTSKETCHSEGMENT", -0.01022262320328, 0.01646364019604, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

swApp.RunCommand ((int)swCommands_e.swCommands_Select_Chain, "");

instead of sketch2 can i write the following code:

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Line3@Rect", "EXTSKETCHSEGMENT", -0.01022262320328, 0.01646364019604, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

Christian Chu

SharpDevelop is a good tool for this task