7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2018 8:11 AM by Scott Ellery

Get quality render

Nilhan Celik

Hello can you help me with render? I get a render but it does not look good when I zoom in. I want to display a very clear picture. I using Solidworks Visualize Professional. How can I accomplish this? Please help me.

• Re: Get quality render
          Heiko Sohnholz

Hello,

you chose the render resolution of 1920x1536 wich means, it's just for/in monitor quality.

If you zoom in deeper, it's pretty normal to see al the pixels - what do you expect?

Maybe you should increase the resolution to 4k/UHD 3840x2160 or even further.

Another solution could be: Increase the number of render passes. How many have computed?

And are you using the "Accurate" render mode?

Last thing: Since Visualize 2018 SP3 you are able to activate the "denoise" capability. You'll need the newer graphics driver, at least 4 Gig Ram on your card, and have to active this feature in Options / 3D Viewport and then with the "butterfly" button.

Cheers, Heiko

And don't pixel-peep to much!

Nilhan Celik

Hi Heiko, what should I do with the resolution?

how long is a quality render time?
              how many render render passes should I make?
              yes i am using accurate render mode

I using geforce gtx 1050 ti
              Can you get me a very high quality render of this product?
                  Heiko Sohnholz

Hi Heiko, what should I do with the resolution?

Increase it. e.g. twice the resolution -> 3840x3072

how long is a quality render time?

Depends on your hardware, the resolution, the render passes … Should be done in minutes, not hours.

how many render render passes should I make?

Depends on your model. With chrome, glass or other transparent materials you will have to go higher. 1.000 or even more. Without them, maybe a few hundred will do. And try out the "denoise" feature.

yes i am using accurate render mode

That's good!

I using geforce gtx 1050 ti

It's an entry level card, but should do the job. Don't know if it has enough RAM for the denoise feature.

Can you get me a very high quality render of this product?

You will find a lot of brilliant renderings in this thread:
                  Visualize rendered content

Nilhan Celik

RAM, 8 GB.

yes I am constantly studying but I can not do real clarity and realism

I do continuous metal products. There is a screen and a glass on the front.

Rich Fagioli

Your problem isn't with resolution; that's easy to fix: just render at 100dpi and many thousands of pixels by many more pixels tall.

Your problem is with realism. Your image is lying to the viewer and human perception can see through the lie. This is a common problem with renders of real images that look fake. Here is where your problem is:

There is no environment reflected in the surfaces and there are no textures on the surfaces themselves. The result is a "fakeness" that cannot be fixed with resolution. If you want proof, look at the train image. There is environment reflection in the windows, and there is texture in the concrete. Your shiny monitor housing needs to reflect the environment. The walls need better textures and shadows. Even the screen must reflect something.

If the monitor is located in a darkened control room (judging by the grey walls), the surface must reflect point source desk lamps, red LEDs, even other nearby monitors. If the monitor is in the ticket office, colors and windows might need to be reflected.

Dwight Livingston

Nilhan

In addition to things mentioned above, it appears that you have ambient occlusion turned on. That exaggerates form, but does not look realistic.

Dwight