UPDATE: Position Filled.
Hartzell Propeller Inc. seeks a CAD Drafter to
support Design Engineers in making changes to or creating new 3D models, drawing
and technical specifications. In addition, the drafter assists in managing the
changes to engineering records to insure the integrity of Hartzell product
Key Deliverables of the Position
1) Generate models and
drawings for components or assemblies based on measurements taken from
components, sketches or 2D drawings.
2) Process engineering changes requests
via SolidWorks, and AutoCAD
3) Create and modify all affected areas on
detail and assembly drawings such as Bills of Material (BOM), revision blocks,
notes, charts, line styles, part orientation, projection, dimensions and
First Year Success Factors
1) Proficiency with HPI
change management processes
2) Familiarization with all HPI Products
Required Education and Experience
Two year technical degree in
Drafting and Design Technology or equivalent work experience.
1) Experience with and working knowledge of 2D
& 3D CAD software, preferably AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
2) Experience with
ASME Y14.5 standards of GD&T.
3) Working knowledge of Microsoft Word,
Excel and Adobe Acrobat
4) Proficiency with various forms of hard gauging
such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
5) Excellent written
and verbal communication skills
6) Ability to work with mathematical
concepts and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry.
Preferred Technical Competencies
1) Experience with aviation related products and
the FAA regulatory system.
2) Experience working in an
3) A good understanding of mechanical
structures and manufacturing processes.
Required Behavioral Competencies
1) Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses
collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
2) Continuous Learning - Demonstrated ability to learn continuously and
apply newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
3) Contributes to Team
Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward
the completion of goals.
4) Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to
accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is
5) Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to
ensure that work is completed efficiently
6) Quality Orientation -
Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows
concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is
watchful over a period of time
• Competitive compensation & benefits package
To learn more and apply Click Here.