How to perform physical files copy to one replicated server to another new server ? since We are planning to migrate replicated server into new server machine which is located in Coimbatore-India also main vault available in Michigan
Will the new server take the same name as the old one?
I hope that the best way will be:
1. configuring new server as next replicated server,
2. replicating folders and files you want
3a. changing registry entries on client machines to the new server name.
If you need more infos (and other solutions) let me know. Also please look at Installation Guide.pdf in location: C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS PDM\Lang\GB\ (in 2018 version pages form 198)
Hello Aleksander Ksiezopolski
Thanks for your reply & I have some other doubts in the same process, You mean that we have to do once again replication for all the files after creating new replicated server & Vault View
For your kind information, My main Vault is located in Michigan-USA & Replicated Vault is located in Tamil Nadu-India also In the Vault we have more than 2 TB size of files
We are facing some latency issue to replicate the files. So I need you guys support to copy physical old to new server
Please advice me on this
So what I propose:
1. Install archive server and client software on the new machine.
2. Copy via LAN archives from old server to the new one (just copy-past, robocopy, wathever, you do not need to block log-ins). It can take long time.
3. Plan changing server carefully. Let know users to do not use PDM in specific dates etc.
4. Block log-ins and be sure that no-one working on the old server in India and also replication schema doesn't work.
5. Re-copy the archives from the old to the new server via robo-copy to just copy files which are added after point 2 above.
6. Backup archive server settings (backup file .dat) on the old machine.
7. Restore backup on the new machine
8. Check registry entries related to archive server (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ArchiveServer). Make sure, that the files location are correct (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ArchiveServer\Vaults\<VaultName>\ArchiveTable).
9. Permit log-ins, test that everything works correctly on the server site. Nextly check everything on the some customer PC and check replication.
I'd suggest taking a look at the Knowledge Base article S-010189. It specifically covers "How to sync a complete Enterprise PDM file vault archive for the initial replication", which I believe is what you're after. When you get to the steps about copying the file archive vault from the source server, I'd take a look at RoboCopy.
Thanks for your reply & We will check the article as you mention
Retrieving data ...