2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2018 4:19 PM by Reed Burke

text double click to edit not working in drawing

Reed Burke

Don't know what happened; in the past in a drawing I could  double click on a dimension or text , it would high-light and i could edit it. Now, it does not work. I looked for settings but was unable to find anything. Any solutions anyone?

• Re: text double click to edit not working in drawing
          Glenn Schroeder

Doulbe-clicking to edit text in a Drawing works with Notes, but not Dimensions.  As far as I know it's always been that way.  For dimensions you single-click on it to highlight the dimension, then add or edit the text in the property manager (or click on the pop-up to get a text box in the graphics area).

• Re: text double click to edit not working in drawing
              Reed Burke

Thanks for your response Glenn, I appreciate it more than you know. Yes indeed, you are correct; dimensions are not edited by double clicking; I knew that and misspoke on that one.  My problem was solved with the help of   Korey at Trimech. After trying several other things and as a last resort he went into  "Windows Mouse Properties"  discovering that the the mouse "double click speed was set too fast (on fastest)". I have no idea why or how it was st that way but it somehow it changed from it's previous setting. He simply turned the speed down half way, we tried it and it worked. Yes I am a dummy but a very grateful one! Thanks again.