2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2018 4:01 PM by Tyler D.

Section view with different point of view

Tyler D.

I haven't been able to find a solution to this through searching, so maybe it's poor practice (and if so, please tell me), but what I'm trying to do is a detailed drawing showing surface texture of a part.  When showing the top view, I really just want the top face visible but I have bosses, ribs, etc, from the interior that sit above the parting line in places so become visible, which have already been detailed on another sheet.

I was hoping to basically do a section view just inside the top sidewall, but I still want to be viewing it from the outside of the part - I don't want to see the faces I just cut.

I know I can show/hide lines on the view, but this is quite tedious.  Is there a way to do what I'm asking?  I tried sectioning the 3D part, orienting it as I want, then using "Current Model View" option, but that displays the whole part, not just the section.

Thanks

• Re: Section view with different point of view
          Glenn Schroeder

Tyler D. wrote:

I know I can show/hide lines on the view, but this is quite tedious. Is there a way to do what I'm asking? I tried sectioning the 3D part, orienting it as I want, then using "Current Model View" option, but that displays the whole part, not just the section.

I'm afraid I didn't follow all of that, but that last paragraph helps.  Have you considered creating a second configuration of the Part, with an extruded cut removing the portion instead of the section view, and suppressing this cut in one configuration?  Then you could show the configuration with the extruded cut in the drawing view you're asking about.